Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:05 AM

885 posts, read 1,552,786 times

Advertisements

I keep reading here that South Tampa is the hot spot. Where exactly are we talking about.

A mile or two North of the Ari Force Base, but is it on the East side of the shore or on the West side?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 08:37 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
Anything south of Kennedy to Hillsbrough River to the east and Tampa Bay to the west. You have North of Gandy the area generally considered to be the better area or South of Gandy which is where the AFB is located and where there are iffy areas. Most houses are not 'new'. You can have huge grand homes to small homes depending on the nabe but most are at least 30-50 yo. The good part is that most have a decent yard which you don't find in the newer nabes. Also close to MacDill and downtown. Good schools generally in the NOG area.

The bad news is that it is generally considered an evac zone for hurricanes plus some areas do flood during heavy downpours.
South Tampa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-28-2011, 08:44 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
Here:
http://www.commercialphotoservices.com/South%20Tampa.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-28-2011, 08:51 AM

Algia, how do you do that?

Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 AM

420 posts, read 864,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2010 View Post
I keep reading here that South Tampa is the hot spot. Where exactly are we talking about.

A mile or two North of the Ari Force Base, but is it on the East side of the shore or on the West side?
For the fourth time on your fourth post discussing the same topic- look at Hyde Park and Palma Ceia. You may be able to find a townhome within your range. Your quality of life will very high in these areas satisfying basic requirements from entertainment to commute.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:55 AM

What about the central area and the lower east area that are not circled?

Old 11-28-2011, 08:56 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,892,327 times
Algia> Excellent!!!

When it's visually expressed like Algia does, it is so clear!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 AM

420 posts, read 864,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2010 View Post
What about the central area and the lower east area that are not circled?
It's not circled for a reason. The houses will be cheaper but Dale Mabry is a commuting nightmare. The houses to the west of Dale Mabry are generally older than the houses to the east. There are nice neighborhoods in both areas, you just need to drive around and find them. There isn't anything bad about these areas, they're just older, working-class neighborhoods.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:01 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
The area north of Gandy is a pretty safe bet. With your budget you will have more choices looking a little further out from the circled areas. I doubt you'll find much on Davis Island unless it's a short sale or forclosure.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:06 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
Thank you!

Now mind you, it may seem small on the map, but it is quite a large area on foot.

Palma Ceia is spotty, that's why I didn't circle it, it has mansions next door to shacks, some ppl built to flip, and it is completely mismatched to what the overall area should look like. Or "used" to look like. It is an older area. Just like I explained in another thread, there is no continuity, the area around Burlington Coat Factory is almost ghetto, I didn't know how to get out faster. Then, there are areas with 55+ communities, but they are ran down, not well maintained.

If you drive down Dale Mabry passed 275 and keep going south, if you make a slight right on Henderson Rd...and keep going...again ugly and spotty.

If you drive down Westshore it is all nice until Gandy Blvd, after you passed Gandy it becomes spotty again.

It does depend on what kind of area you're looking for, what kind of house, next to what? etc. I am pretty picky so if I were to live down in ST, those were the areas I would look into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay