Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 7,332 times

Advertisements

The guy at Apartment Hunters steered me to the Westchase area. There doesn't seem to be anything out there but apartment complexes and minimalls, but some of those complexes are very nice (as apartment complexes go) and the price isn't too bad (around a dollar a square foot). How much trouble am I asking for in the way of commuting? Is it any worse than Brandon? (An advantage over Brandon would be better access to St. Pete for entertainment purposes.)

I'm afraid that having seen those places, I won't like anything closer in because it will be much older (could be ok depending on maintenance), smaller (dealbreaker), or significantly more expensive (rules out downtown as far as I can tell).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 05:11 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
r u working downtown Tampa? there are some nice apartments on Kennedy right before Westshore blvd (Sorry their name escapes me now) but they are really nice and across from the International mall...

Old 12-14-2011, 05:58 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
45 minutes, I do it every day... 30 minutes if you use the veterans expressway.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 AM

420 posts, read 864,342 times
Assuming you're working downtown, I would look at locations in Hyde Park and Palma Ceia. Hyde Park ranges in its prices but hunting for something can yield good results. There's an apartment complex on Bay-to-Bay and Bayshore that is moderately priced and maintained. I almost moved there but found something on Howard. I would take a look at it.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:55 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
The apts around Westchase are newer and the Westchase area is considered to be upscale. Not sure if they are the same apts that Algia mentioned but there are some really nice new ones right off of Lois and Boyscout area. Not that far from Ybor. They were originally condos.

http://www.thevintagelofts.com/?pid=...+Lofts+-+17999

Tampa Apartments for Rent on MyNewPlace.com - Tampa, FL

Old 12-15-2011, 05:18 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
This is one of them:
Tampa Luxury Apartments | The Millennium Westshore Apartments Florida

This is another one:
http://www.mosaicwestshore.com/

Old 12-16-2011, 05:32 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
The first one is the one I was thinking about Algia too. Really a good location for Ybor City. You have several options to get there which is a good thing. You are also close to S, Tampa and other restaurants around International Mall.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,927 times
westchase isnt a bad commute and the area is great. You will be minutes from citrus park mall, international mall and westshore mall along with TONS of dining options in the area (within 10 minutes). You will get more for your money in westchase than you will in south tampa but you pay for that with slightly higher commute times.

Most of the decent apartments in south tampa are going to run you 1000+ just for a studio or 1 bedroom.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:48 AM

420 posts, read 864,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
The apts around Westchase are newer and the Westchase area is considered to be upscale. Not sure if they are the same apts that Algia mentioned but there are some really nice new ones right off of Lois and Boyscout area. Not that far from Ybor. They were originally condos.

Tampa Apartments | The Vintage Lofts at West End | Tampa FL

Tampa Apartments for Rent on MyNewPlace.com - Tampa, FL

I wouldn't recommend the Vintage Lofts unless you're young or don't mind university-living. It'd be a great location if it weren't for all of the UT undergrads that live there. It's similar to living in the dorms. Might be good for people with a high tolerance for college students, but otherwise, maybe not a good fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay