Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,997 times

Advertisements

I'm having a home built by Adams homes in the Riverview area, just south of Boyette on Balm Riverview. It's my first home and I got a great price. It's a few minutes from 301 which is a main artery there. There are a lot of new homes going up in the area and Fish hawk ranch being down the road should help inflate home prices. It is a very up and coming area, insurance rates look pretty reasonable and the neighborhood looks good. I'm hoping that when the housing market starts turning around I should be in very good shape. Hope everything works out for you. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 11:04 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,421 times
Thank you, Invisobel! Congrats on your new home.

Mr Jeep and I have been discussing things over and we are thinking on Lakeland again. Something about Lakeland has us gravitating back to it as a starting point. Then while we are renting in Lakeland, we will be able to check out the Riverview and Brandon areas more to build a home. 95 days left until we move - so deciding on a final moving location would be.... nice.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 PM

523 posts, read 2,829,691 times
Jeepgirl118,
I lived in Brandon Riverview Area, I moved to lakeland 2005 , because
New Houses are half of cost of Brandon , Taxes are half price, car insurance is cheaper,
We have everything They have but high cost of renting or buying. I live in North Lakeland near the Mall, South Lakeland is its own community. Load of Brandon people are moving to Lakeland. all my neighbors are from Tampa or Brandon to work.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 PM

58 posts, read 254,765 times
To Jeep:

I think calling Valrico a "small town" is incorrect. It is similar to Chandler, which is smack in between Awatukee (sp?) and Gilbert. "Brandon" is about four blocks from my house and Riverview runs right into the southern end of the town. I consider Brandon/Riverview/Valrico/Lithia to be pretty much the same place. I generally shop in Brandon, golf in Valrico and boat out of the Alafia, and canoe out of Lithia.

The schools will change, but frankly, you could be in Brandon and in Valrico school district and vice-versa. If you want an economic breakdown, city-data.com has good stats and greatschools.net will give you a good school rating/demographic breakdown.

Good luck!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:48 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,421 times
Thank you to everyone for your help in this thread!!

We have decided to start in Lakeland and go from there. See you around.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:00 PM

65 posts, read 354,503 times
Hi jeepgirl118,
I live and work in Dunedin, Florida, it's a great place. If you would like to get photos and information on Dunedin, then Google this phrase: Dunedin Daily Photo. It's pretty cool, even if I do say so myself.
Wayne

Old 03-15-2008, 08:58 PM

7 posts, read 20,257 times
Default Point me in a direction in Lakeland

Am considering relocating from Mass. Am looking at Lakeland, but need furnished rental for April and May, minimum 2 bedrooms. I am a single father with 3 kids, 11,10 and 6. You say Lakeland is more reasonable than Brandon or Riverview and Lakeland has everything one would need. Where could I find what I want, and where there are good schools?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridasunshine View Post
Jeepgirl118,
I lived in Brandon Riverview Area, I moved to lakeland 2005 , because
New Houses are half of cost of Brandon , Taxes are half price, car insurance is cheaper,
We have everything They have but high cost of renting or buying. I live in North Lakeland near the Mall, South Lakeland is its own community. Load of Brandon people are moving to Lakeland. all my neighbors are from Tampa or Brandon to work.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:00 AM

7 posts, read 15,160 times
Default Hello Everyone

My husband, children (ages twelve & thirteen), and I are looking to re-locate to the Gulf Coast of Florida from Cape May, NJ. No more ice and snow for us!

My hubby's job is coming to a close soon...
He's a plumber by trade for over 20 years, but he needs to find something else due to health related issues. He was a streets department / volunteer fire fighter for 10 years before becoming a plumber so he is not afraid of work. He is going to be looking into doing maintenence, labor, etc, once the move is completed.

We are currently looking at Riverview because the homes are affordable (less than $140,000), our home church of 7 years (First Assembly of God) is there, and the schools look good...

However, we would like to know more about the area...

(Weather?) Is the area prominate to hurricanes/tornadoes/wild fires?
(Safety?) How is the crime/drug/sexual predators/alligators, etc?
(Schools?) Which middle school & high school are the best?

Is Riverview for us? We are also looking at Brandon and Seminole...
We are counting on you locals to give us more insight so any and all information would be eternally grateful.

Also, if there are any Christians on this board, please keep praying that God's will be done and not our own... Thank you again.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:08 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,698,579 times
I live in Brandon-I like it here. I have 2 kids, one 7 and the other 4 mons. It's a good place to raise a family. There are plenty of families in the area. I would rather live in Riverview though because there is a large abundance of newer homes. We have 2 offers out right now. There is a mall here and plenty of resturants, as well as Super Target, Target, and Walmarts.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:35 PM

7 posts, read 15,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
I live in Brandon-I like it here. I have 2 kids, one 7 and the other 4 mons. It's a good place to raise a family. There are plenty of families in the area. I would rather live in Riverview though because there is a large abundance of newer homes. We have 2 offers out right now. There is a mall here and plenty of resturants, as well as Super Target, Target, and Walmarts.
Hi there and thank you for your reply. My family and I have settled on RiverView. The houses are newer, most are affordable, our church is nearby, and it is close to shopping centers.

I hear that we don't have to travel the interstate to go shopping, schools, church, etc. The only time we need to use the interstate is when entering and exiting the city. How true is this please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay