Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 12:23 AM

3 posts, read 3,861 times

Advertisements

Hello, My father and I will be relocating to Tampa in early June, for he will be relocating for a new job. We are looking to buy a house and have already looked at several realtor sites. What are some good areas we should be looking into. Houses to buy we are looking in the range of $190K-225K. Which seems to be the same size and quality as houses that are on the market for $400K up here in Ohio.

Also since we are obviously new to the area, except we vacation in the Indian Rocks Beach area each year, we are looking for some places to check out bars, sports, anything that will get us use to the area and make the move easier.

Any other comments would be welcomed as well.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
As you know very little about the area wouldnt it be in your best interest to rent for 6 months before locking yourselves into a house purchase in an area that may turn out to be not as good as you thought.
Renting gives you the opportunity to get the lay of the land so to speak,and get advice from friends and co workers,,
Happening places? i'd start at Johns Pass..

Old 02-24-2012, 02:40 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,677,099 times
We moved from Cincinnati last June and we love it here. The weather is amazing and the natural beauty of this place is awe-inspiring. Plus the people are just so nice. I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised. Welcome.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:02 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,249,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincykev4 View Post
Hello, My father and I will be relocating to Tampa in early June, for he will be relocating for a new job. We are looking to buy a house and have already looked at several realtor sites. What are some good areas we should be looking into. Houses to buy we are looking in the range of $190K-225K. Which seems to be the same size and quality as houses that are on the market for $400K up here in Ohio.

Also since we are obviously new to the area, except we vacation in the Indian Rocks Beach area each year, we are looking for some places to check out bars, sports, anything that will get us use to the area and make the move easier.

Any other comments would be welcomed as well.

Thanks!
With most houses in Ohio i assume you'd be getting a full basement and a attic.Thats a lot of useable space. Most houses in Florida are on slabs and have trussed roofs with very little useable storage space there. Many garages end up so full of junk there's no room to park the vehicles.Theres a big difference between a $400K house in Ohio and a $200k house in Florida. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...ad-before.html

Old 02-25-2012, 06:46 PM

146 posts, read 306,478 times
Definitely check into Pinellas County real estate. You should find plenty in your price range right now. Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Tarpon Spings all near the coast. Wher I live its full of transpanted Ohio retirees. FYI in this area there is no real need to put your car in the garage sinceit never really freezes here. Carport is nice when it rains ( and it does a lot in the summer )

Old 02-26-2012, 03:04 PM

4 posts, read 6,534 times
If he's working in Tampa, check out WestChase and West Tampa, Not East tampa. If he's working in St Pete/Clearwater check out Palm Harbor and Tarpon Springs.

My 2 cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay