Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:49 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,638,936 times

Advertisements

Good suggestions by others already. The only addition I'd make is for you to ask the landlord to include lawn maintenance and pest control. I don't think it's that expensive and he/she should already have local contacts that you won't have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 02:04 PM

4,699 posts, read 7,925,584 times
I would also go with Carrollwood.

Nice maps, Algia!

Old 07-25-2012, 06:27 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,343,152 times
Thank you Annie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
I would also go with Carrollwood.

Nice maps, Algia!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 PM

10 posts, read 16,969 times
Everyone, thanks so much for the great information! Algia, thanks for the maps!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:40 PM

385 posts, read 1,117,786 times
I agree with the others, look in Carrollwood or New Tampa/ Tampa Palms.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:29 AM

17,614 posts, read 39,359,567 times
I vote for Carrollwood.

Algia's a good map-maker!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 AM

You're welcome! Anytime.

Thank you Gypsy.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 PM

82 posts, read 208,188 times
Hello Algia, great map. So, are you formatting it because it's definitely the areas that you know well, or due to the OP's initial question? Reason I ask is because it would be nice to see such a map for a bigger area around Tampa. Something that would show south past revierview and east over to St. Pete as well. Regardless, great posts by everyone.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Hey there.

This map was just for the OP to get an idea as to where the desirable areas are in respect to USF. I drive all day through Tampa and I can make u a map for South Tampa etc.

I know St Pete less, depending on what you're looking for....like down town is livelier than Tampa, has some very nice condo's....and the Old North East area is very nice, but as far as Riverview goes, that is just one large sub division, not one I like, but slightly better than Gibsonton....what do u need to know specifically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tights24 View Post
Hello Algia, great map. So, are you formatting it because it's definitely the areas that you know well, or due to the OP's initial question? Reason I ask is because it would be nice to see such a map for a bigger area around Tampa. Something that would show south past revierview and east over to St. Pete as well. Regardless, great posts by everyone.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:49 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,365,242 times
I think anothe poster mentioned this but USF is no where even close to a beach. In fact, as far as good beaches go Tampa isn't close to any.

I would say Carrollwood. It is a pleasent middle class area that is relatively close to USF and is on the way to the beaches. You mentioned you don't want a yard though and many places there have yards.

New Tampa is closer to USF and is really nice and affordable. But it is very far north and you will be removed from the city and even further removed from the beaches. USF itself is almost removed from the city. Hehe.

Hyde Park is very nice and you can jump on 275 towards either USF or the beaches. It is also very close to the many waterfront establishments that can be found in Tampa. If you take afternoon classes you will almost always run into terrible traffic going north to USF though and it is the most expensive area in Tampa to live in. Not only will you probably not have a yard, but your living space will probably be small for a family of four as well.

I live in Hyde Park and I commuted to USF for four years. I like this neighborhood because there are so many things for young singles to do here. When my friends and I would head to the beach it would usually take us about 40-60 minutes depending on which beach in Pinellas we wanted to go to. My commutes to USF were brutal because I took afternoon and evening classes. I would always hit traffic and you pretty much had to budget an hour to get to class on time. If you do morning classes then the commute will be much much better. Only 25 minutes or so.
Best of luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay