Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
I guess this is going to be an annual feature of city-data.
Check a bit further it goes back to May 2009, not exactly the same but within the same neighborhood of the same issue.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:07 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
They Just Don't Get It

Old 09-13-2012, 06:38 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times
I guess some people are quick to pass judgment as if they will never face this kind of thing in their life. It can happen to anybody.

What is the deal? Last year the OP mentioned that they are having trouble getting a job while attending a college. That was November. I applaude someone is able to finish college with difficult circumstances. It is not even a year since the OP said they are about to finish college and now all those crappy judgments when somebody comes here for some idea to get help.

If you have no idea how to support the OP rather than digging an old thread and make fun of it, move on.

OP: Congrats on your success in finishing college in such circumstances and as others said look for anything for now and things will pick up. I know how hard is to get a job here since I know a couple of people that even with post graduate degree aren't able to get one. Entry levels are really challenging now. They are being filled by people who have experience and moving fom one job to other. What did you study? In my company there are specific jobs that people seems to transition after six or so months. As far as I see what these are people waiting to get a better job and using that position for a time being until another one shows up. Your biggest hurdle is to get that first one.

Good luck.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
If you have no idea how to support the OP rather than digging an old thread and make fun of it, move on.

Good luck.
If you visit the old threads, the same advice given back then holds true today. No intelligent college graduate should be in a predicament like his is for over two years unless he refuses to accept certain work in the area, including fast food restaurants. Does he have something against military service? He was given recommendations - refuses to acknowledge them - so it is very possible that his story might be far fetched.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
If you visit the old threads, the same advice given back then holds true today. No intelligent college graduate should be in a predicament like his is for over two years unless he refuses to accept certain work in the area, including fast food restaurants. Does he have something against military service? He was given recommendations - refuses to acknowledge them - so it is very possible that his story might be far fetched.
I am in total agreement with BucFan. Something just doesn't quite add up here.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM

315 posts, read 652,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Agree with this, I think Bucfan has just sniffed out a troll.

LOL and to think you libbys always fall for the sob story....too bad its other people's money you like to give away.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:12 AM

55 posts, read 150,078 times
In 2009 the OP was college educated.

In 2011 the OP was trying to finish college.

In 2012 the OP was college educated again.

Is that timeline correct?

There are jobs to be had, there is income to make. There are always sales jobs with some kind of base, if one doesnt want to be in the restaurant industry (although if I was unemployed for 3 years I'd work in any industry that would provide me a paycheck).

Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,030,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_dish View Post
In 2009 the OP was college educated.

In 2011 the OP was trying to finish college.

In 2012 the OP was college educated again.

Is that timeline correct?

There are jobs to be had, there is income to make. There are always sales jobs with some kind of base, if one doesnt want to be in the restaurant industry (although if I was unemployed for 3 years I'd work in any industry that would provide me a paycheck).
+1.

In fact, this should effectively end this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay