Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 PM

10 posts, read 38,258 times

Advertisements

Hi CD forum,

My husband and I are originally from the Orlando area, moved to DC for work, and are moving back to Tampa in April for my husbands job. He'll be working in Clearwater, my job location is still TBD. We really enjoy the urban lifestyle and being close to lots of bars/restaurants. Friends of ours live in South Tampa, which we love, but it seems a little expensive and there doesn't seem to be much available in terms of rentals. Does anyone have suggestions on other areas similar to S. Tampa? We were looking into downtown St. Pete (Historic Kenwood, Old Northeast) and Old Seminole Heights (how safe is this? Safe meaning: can I walk my dog, go for a job, or sit on my porch without worrying about getting mugged, and will our house be at high risk for getting broken into?). We would like to stay at around $1300. We also have a dog and two cats, so some sort of yard would be great. Definitely over high rise living and would love a little bungalow-type house

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM

552 posts, read 720,126 times
Take seminole heights off your list, its not a good area.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I would only consider old NE a good area. Kenwood is worse than Seminole Heights, IMO.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I would only consider old NE a good area. Kenwood is worse than Seminole Heights, IMO.
Im one of those people who are allergic to bridges around here so Im not familiar with that area

Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times
Old Seminole Heights is not urban at all. It's suburban.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 AM

10 posts, read 38,258 times
Thanks for the replies. With that being said, do you all have any other suggestions? All I've got so far is that my original choices aren't very good haha.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,605,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaBoxer View Post
Thanks for the replies. With that being said, do you all have any other suggestions? All I've got so far is that my original choices aren't very good haha.
Old NE is a great choice.

Kenwood is a generally safe area, I believe. I know people who live there and really like it.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:55 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaBoxer View Post
Old NE is definitely the best if you want a nice neighborhood, walkable, close to the beautiful waterfront parks and downtown. I would shoot for this.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
Depending on which part of CLW your husband's job is you might consider Safety Harbor,Countryside and Oldsmar.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Depending on which part of CLW your husband's job is you might consider Safety Harbor,Countryside and Oldsmar.
\

Ive always been under the impression anything in Pinellas county north of Clearwater was a really good area, any residents correct me if Im wrong. I know you want urban but really down here I dont really notice a big difference between Tampa/St Pete and the burbs. The big cities seem too spread out and the suburbs seem too crowded, they just blend into each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay