Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 05:52 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Those are just scam artists, they fall into every group but not too many of them, be more of renters that just do not care about the property and trash it. just saying- both sides of the coin need to be accounatble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 06:39 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I don't agree....there are taking advantage of owners who became Landlords and don't know how to deal with that but are trying to have a renter stay in their property.

Usually they end up with a trashed place, no rent, etc. and then hiring us.

Of course as a brokerage and property management owner I could say they should have come to us first to prevent this from happening but IMO many tenants just don't care when they know the owner is not experienced. The result is more work for us which we don't mind but we see hard breaking stories and we know that there are bad LL as well but compared to bad tenants there are way more tenants that can only be controlled if owners know what they are doing and how to handle it and specially don't let them move in without full payments...better have an empty place then a bad tenant!

To come back to the law change...GREAT JOB!

Old 05-05-2013, 04:38 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
They need to do something to landlords that keep renting to druggies and having renters that have cops called out to the home 100's of times.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:32 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Republicans have Gerrymandered themselves into complete power over the state. of course they are always making sure that the people that fund their campaigns are rewarded with even more power.

we need to do something about the Gerrymandering. Florida is NOT as republican as the state legislature is.
Please take your tin foil hat and head to the politics or sci fi forum.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:37 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Please take your tin foil hat and head to the politics or sci fi forum.
Do you have to be rude?

Other people have other opinions. I too believe that republicans destroyed this state, and many others. You can't change that opinion no matter what you do but nobody attacked your opinion, so let's be civil.

"Legislation" has to do with politics (duh), so I guess the entire thread should move to the politics forum, not just one post.

Thanks to republicans this state is stuck some 200 years ago regarding its politics. There is nothing new and progressive happening here because this entire generation of republicans moving here and destroying this state to where young people have to move to other states to get good jobs, and live in 2013 rather than a million years ago.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:27 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
What about the landlord that rents to this sweetheart?

There goes the neighborhood: Behind tidy yards lurks constant confrontation | Tampa Bay Times

Many landlordallmightys don't give a whiff about the neighborhood as long as their precious rent is paid on time.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:42 PM

I'll repeat -the sword must cut both ways. I have a clean place and have to live with the next door smoker -who has forced me to move out... the landlord could careless about it or the smokers who would ruin any apt. (unless they burn the place down). They are loosing the better tenant, ME -but they do not care. And this smoker is so bad that the mailbox off his apt puffs smoke when you open, no lie! ahhghhh - 2 more weeks... I'm out,,, but can't sell me landlords only ever had a few good ones in 30 yrs.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:10 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I'll repeat -the sword must cut both ways. I have a clean place and have to live with the next door smoker -who has forced me to move out... the landlord could careless about it or the smokers who would ruin any apt. (unless they burn the place down). They are loosing the better tenant, ME -but they do not care. And this smoker is so bad that the mailbox off his apt puffs smoke when you open, no lie! ahhghhh - 2 more weeks... I'm out,,, but can't sell me landlords only ever had a few good ones in 30 yrs.
That person must smoke like my oldest sister did. 24/7 non stop.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:53 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Do you have to be rude?

Other people have other opinions. I too believe that republicans destroyed this state, and many others. You can't change that opinion no matter what you do but nobody attacked your opinion, so let's be civil.

"Legislation" has to do with politics (duh), so I guess the entire thread should move to the politics forum, not just one post.

Thanks to republicans this state is stuck some 200 years ago regarding its politics. There is nothing new and progressive happening here because this entire generation of republicans moving here and destroying this state to where young people have to move to other states to get good jobs, and live in 2013 rather than a million years ago.
Sorry but why blame Republicans if this was a decision across the isle....

Both sides were mostly in favor and they were smart to acknoweldge this was needed and will prevent future bad "professional tenants" to stay longer than needed so why can any one have an issue with this unless they are one of what we call "professional tenants".

This will clean out neighborhoods and any bad LL can be taken to court as well.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:16 AM

I think the " proffesional tenants" are less in number than bad slumlords, but what do I know. Its a done deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay