Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,183 times

Advertisements

We have been planning a move for 2 years, saving, researching, etc. We are moving from MN to Tampa area in June. I know, summer is hot hot hot... but we are willing to put up with it after the never ending winter we've had in MN!

Our son will be going to the Florida Autism Center of Excellence in Tampa. I work out of my home and my husband is in the cullinary field. We hope that he will gain employment at one of the many restaraunts or hotels in the area!

My question is mostly related to the Brandon/Valrico area. We will need to provide transportation for my son to his school and I'm not interested in living in the area of his school as it appeared to be very run down when we were there to visit. What is a reasonable time frame for a commute everyday from Brandon to that school located at E Chelsea St, Tampa, FL?

We really liked Brandon, it reminds us of the community that we currently live in, but are open to other suggestions as well. We

We have been looking at rentals online for months and don't want to spend tons of time driving around in the 5 days we have to find a house. Is there any easier way to have an agent/brooker line up showings for us, do they do that for rentals?

Any/all help is appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 08:28 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
There is no hard and fast answer for you, since you don't have specifics about where you expect to find a home.

Brandon and Valrico encompass a large area, and a lot will have to do with the arterial street(s) you are closest to.

Any idea of neighborhoods you are considering? That would make it a lot easier to determine what sort of a drive you're looking at. Depending on where you will be it could be anywhere from 30-45 minutes or more, which would be dictated by the distance, the time of day, and the streets you use.

Good luck with the rental - my neighborhood has four of them - investment firms buying and renting - all over $2k/month, and they are renting within a week of becoming available.

I would not want to be looking for an affordable rental right now...

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay