Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:31 PM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
where to buy tires... seriously???

Exactly......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 04:50 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
where to buy tires... seriously???
No, not where to buy tires.

Where to buy tires from a "reputable" place. IOW, I am asking for opinions of people who have purchased them, so as to avoid less than honorable companies.

Haven't you ever heard of asking for recommendations before?

Old 05-22-2013, 04:53 PM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times
Paradise Tire Shop located in paradise county, paradise.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Silly PriusH8r.... you live in Florida now. Haven't you noticed that there are many, many cars on the road with tires that have no tread left? Obviously this is a safe practice otherwise Florida would have safety inspections or ticket these people for having unsafe tires. I mean.... it doesn't snow or get icy here.... so who really needs tread?

Seriously though. I commend you for recognizing you need new tires and ones that perform well in the rain. I truly believe that too many people around here are driving on tires that become surfboards in the rain here.

I have a set of aftermarket Pirelli's on my van. They are a great rain tire and have worn better than any other tire I have ever owned. You may want to use TireRack to shop for your tires. They have great data and customer reviews. Makes it easy to compare tires. Once you determine which set you like, find the appropriate dealers and call all of them.

One more thing. Since trucks are light in the rear, they will always spin their tires easily. One way to combat this is by having a load in the bed (ie; sand bags).
Thanks.

I work in Tarpon Springs, not far from the Sponge Docks.....coastal. It was raining steadily over there at the coast and I was driving south through Palm Harbor on the coastal side after work to have dinner with someone in Clearwater and it was raining all the way down until I got into Clearwater and then stopped. Every single time I went to take off, I slipped. I don't mess around with that. $1,000 for the tires is way better than an accident......especially now that I put on so little mileage.....being that I work so close to home in the 'burbs.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:07 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,283,237 times
Print out the full price from TireRack.com and take it to your preferred installer. Ask if they will match the price.

I've had two kinds of responses: 1. the manager looks at the price and claims that it is lower than the wholesale price HE pays for tires, and 2. the manager swallows his pride and matches the price to keep me as a customer.

If your local shop doesn't want to play, just call one of TireRack.com's preferred installers.

I'm not sure how a "less than honorable" company could rip you off on tires. It's one of the most straightforward things you can buy. They quote a firm, all-in price, and you either have them do the work or you don't. Are you suggesting companies are selling used tires as new or something?

Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,862 times
I'm actually going to print this for future reference as i asked about tire safety in another thread. As a female, i sometimes get a bit intimidated in situations i don't know a whole lot about so it's nice to know of done reputable places.

So thank you to those who responded as I'll get use out of this info a well

Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
Shopping for tires can be interesting. Back up north I was able to get a better price on Bridgestone tires from a local independent tire shop than from the Firestone tire center (which is owned by Bridgestone). They were unwilling to match the price I got from the other place on their own tires.

Some places try and pressure you into an alignment telling you that your warranty on the tires won't be any good unless you get one.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
I'm actually going to print this for future reference as i asked about tire safety in another thread. As a female, i sometimes get a bit intimidated in situations i don't know a whole lot about so it's nice to know of done reputable places.

So thank you to those who responded as I'll get use out of this info a well
Hi Sunshinecc. Glad it will be of help to you as well. Isn't it nice when some people actually try to help out others with quality information? I, too, am thankful to those who are responding with helpful comments.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Hi Sunshinecc. Glad it will be of help to you as well. Isn't it nice when some people actually try to help out others with quality information? I, too, am thankful to those who are responding with helpful comments.
so many people in this forum have been so informative and engaging. I have stated a binder with all of the useful threads i plan on using for reference! Lol

Old 05-22-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
so many people in this forum have been so informative and engaging. I have stated a binder with all of the useful threads i plan on using for reference! Lol
Now that is a cool idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay