Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 04:32 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Off topic, but....

Public Policy Polling: Rick Scott

I don't feel lucky.
He won't be re-elected. There are too many people within the state that vote and aren't getting a hand out from a Governor that doesn't have the funds to give them in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 04:54 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
I am a Amazon Prime member. I shop it all the time. I love not paying sales tax... not only that.. but often I find items cheaper than in the stores.... plus it gets delivered to my house. Amazon will still be less on most items than in the stores.. even with sales tax. And to be honest... I would pay an extra $1 or two on Amazon for not having to go into a store and stand in line.

This is a good thing. Amazon is bringing jobs... and a lot of my stuff may even show up same day now.

Not to mention... Amazon customer service beats any brick and mortar store.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:37 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I would pay an extra $1 or two on Amazon for not having to go into a store and stand in line.
+1
If that store is a Walmart, I would rather pay taxes plus another $5 on top and order from Amazon

Old 06-17-2013, 07:50 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
He won't be re-elected. There are too many people within the state that vote and aren't getting a hand out from a Governor that doesn't have the funds to give them in the first place.
Agreed. More times than not today, hands outs = votes = election wins. Charlie Crist (gag) will be elected.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:50 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Your choice of thread-title is a bit unfair and misleading, don't you think? It's a bit of a stretch considering the title of the actual article you cited:

Amazon considering huge jobs deal for Hillsborough County

He actually rejected the deal previously because he didn't want to see these additional taxes. Had the deal died - he would have been under fire for that... Florida missing out on bringing business to the state, he's blocking job creation, etc, etc. There would have been a thread here criticizing him for that, maybe you would even start it.

This will put a damper on things for me, to say the least. I do quite a bit of online shopping. I'll probably phase-out Amazon to start.
Amazon will still be cheaper than a B&M store. You'll be able to get things same day or next day delivery cheap also.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
You have all the talking points ready to go! That means lots of republicans don't like him either.

Quote:
His approval rating, however, hasn't topped 41% since May 2011, according to Quinnipiac University polls. His most recent number was 36% in a survey released March 20.

The same survey indicated that only 32% of voters believe Scott deserves re-election. And former Gov. Charlie Crist, who served as a Republican but is now a Democrat, would topple Scott in a hypothetical gubernatorial matchup, 50%-34%, according to the poll.

Read more: Rick Scott seeks to improve job growth and approval ratings in Florida

Old 06-17-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
As much as I despise Scott, I say "so what?" Why should on line purchases be treated any different than those purchased from a brick and mortar store? Unless the packages magically appear on your doorstep, delivering them still uses the state, county and city infrastructures that are paid for by taxes.
Agree. Scott is a clown but this is not that big of a deal. It is however just another thing he has flip flopped on trying to have a chance to be re-elected.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:15 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
agree - and I like how he's speeding up the capital punishment process as well.
I think he has been a good governor overall and the results back that up completely. Far better than that previous clown. However, as with any politician, I do not agree with all his policies. The one you mentioned is one I am completely against, as I am against the killing of human life.

But, as I have said before, doing the right thing does not get one votes. Promising free stuff does. That is the mentality of low information voters today. The future is written.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:30 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I think he has been a good governor overall and the results back that up completely. Far better than that previous clown. However, as with any politician, I do not agree with all his policies. The one you mentioned is one I am completely against, as I am against the killing of human life.

But, as I have said before, doing the right thing does not get one votes. Promising free stuff does. That is the mentality of low information voters today. The future is written.
The economic collapse in Florida, coupled with the influx of foreigners and northerners, has really created a major voting demographic shift within the state. Generally, South Florida has mostly been blue and North Florida generally has been red with Central Florida as a swing, however, Central Florida and the I-4 corridor is slowly turning blue. Once Central Florida goes blue, the state is a lost cause, which will suck on a national scale because Democrats will then have control of 3 of the 4 largest states in the country(NY, CA, FL), an automatic 113 electoral votes.

I am generally against the "killing of human life" as well, however, when it comes to a scumbag that he or her themselves have taken a human life, they should lose theirs as well.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
You peeps voted the fool in so enjoy.
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: