Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 11:49 AM

116 posts, read 226,354 times

Advertisements

I wanted to thank everyone here who has posted such helpful info in the forum.
I've read the other similar thread "Atlanta or Tampa" and found some useful nuggets of advice.
My situation is a bit diff from the OP in that thread so I thought I'd start my own thread with
my specs on what I'm looking for.

Description:

- 36/m single (soon to be 37)
- Into fitness but not a fanatic
- Home based business so commute to/from work is not an issue
- 90% of all driving is either church, gym or grocery store
- My lease here expires Dec 3 so I plan to visit and look at properties in the late Oct- early Nov time frame.
- My Absolute top end budget would be $240,000 but would prefer something in the 200 range.

Looking for:

- purchase of condo or possibly townhouse
- prefer to live in trendy/hip/cool part of town and so far I like down town & soho/hyde park but still open to other areas
- St Pete is an open possibility
- Close Proximity to gym/ fitness clubs and grocery stores
- Christian Church

Questions:

1) What is the general consensus of Sky Point condos? I like everything I've seen of them so far, assoc. fee is a bit pricy but it comes w/ the territory.

2) Any suggestions for a property or neighborhood or part of town that includes condos or a town home based on what I'm looking for above?

3) Are there many fitness minded single women? I know this may seem an unusual question but it's extraordinarily difficult to find a woman like this who is single & has her life in order.

4) Are there many Asian women? In Atlanta there is a significant Vietnamese community spread out in diff areas of town and I was curious if there was (Vietnamese or otherwise) down there.

5) What are 1 or 2 good, pretty, accessible beaches in Tampa ( not including St.P or Clearwater)

Thanks guys and if you need any info or have more questions for me feel free to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 06:29 AM

676 posts, read 1,272,520 times
I don't think I can help - married, retired, etc. - but we are moving to Apollo Beach early next year and I'll be interested in how your plans work out.

Before I went down for my house-hunting trip in late March, I did a lot of research on the internet and chose 3-4 communities that seemed to meet my criteria. I also interviewed several real estate agents and picked the one who most closely understood my criteria and committed to helping me. Now that our deal is under contract, I am very pleased with my choice of where to live and my agent.

The better organized you are before your trip, the more pleased you will be with wherever you decide to live.

Good luck to you and stay in touch.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 AM

116 posts, read 226,354 times
That's very true. I've been researching the area for the last year and am clear on what I want to do but won't know for certain until I visit ( in Nov) and look at some properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: