Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:16 PM

270 posts, read 796,293 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I visited Tampa last spring and really liked it. Now I am concidering moving there. This would be a very easy decision but I have 2 small kids and worry about the schools being as advanced as the one they are at now. Anyone have a child with adhd and in a public shool they would recommend? Anyone in Tampa now from the Albany area and what are the biggest differences?? Thanks for any help or info you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 03:31 PM

270 posts, read 796,293 times
ANYONE?? Comments on schools and good areas/apartments?

Old 04-24-2008, 12:45 PM

10 posts, read 124,813 times
I'm not from Albany, however I am from the Northeast. I have been here for 5 years. I can't help much with schools for children with special needs, but I can say that New Tampa is an area with which you might want to familiarize yourself. There are plenty of good schools in the area, and a wide array of housing options. Shopping of every kind and dining options galore. We also have plenty of apartment choices as well. Our zip code is 33647. We're 1/2 hour from town, 45 mins from the Gulf and a little over an hour from Disney. Location location !!

Old 06-10-2008, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 13,307 times
Post mitzi25

I'm from wolcott ny inwhich in up on the lake. Tampa is a spread out city.The people are mostly from the mid-west. Make sure you have a JOB & money. Tampa is cheaper than the east coast. GOOD LUCK

Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 PM

8 posts, read 43,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Joe View Post
I'm not from Albany, however I am from the Northeast. I have been here for 5 years. I can't help much with schools for children with special needs, but I can say that New Tampa is an area with which you might want to familiarize yourself. There are plenty of good schools in the area, and a wide array of housing options. Shopping of every kind and dining options galore. We also have plenty of apartment choices as well. Our zip code is 33647. We're 1/2 hour from town, 45 mins from the Gulf and a little over an hour from Disney. Location location !!
Ditto on New Tampa. I live here myself although I don't have any children yet, it's definately a good place for people that do. The New Tampa area is filled mainly with younger families. In the Tampa Palms section of NT, there are a ton to parks/playgrounds for children. There are also wonderful public and private schools in the area. There is also a YMCA located in New Tampa, so your kids will definately love all community activities and clubs that they have. As far a good schools for children with adhd, I have no idea of recomendations, but I do know that the schools in the New Tampa are are very caring and student/family oriented. Let me know if you need any more info.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 PM

37 posts, read 178,789 times
Amen on the job and money, you said a mouthfull.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:27 AM

10 posts, read 65,799 times
How about recommending an area for a single woman who doesn't have children? Thanks.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:07 PM

4 posts, read 21,700 times
Hi, could use some help in finding an area in Tampa to live. I am a neonatal nurse with 25+ yrs experience and have a 13 yr old son. My husband is a Real Estate Broker. Where should we be focusing our housing search???

Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
AlyCat8, you might consider the Carrollwood area or Brandon. Brandon is loader with apartment complexes and shopping. Carrollwood has complexes tucked away and many restaurants and shops. I'm mostly familiar with north Dale Mabry.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:21 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon RN View Post
Hi, could use some help in finding an area in Tampa to live. I am a neonatal nurse with 25+ yrs experience and have a 13 yr old son. My husband is a Real Estate Broker. Where should we be focusing our housing search???
Have you explored any of the other areas in SWFL? There are a lot of great areas to live and visit! Does Tampa have the only pediatrics hospital in that part of Florida?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay