Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:35 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times

Advertisements

It's that time of year when you've got to start making reservations for the Early Bird special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 03:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Welcome, but be careful - calling Florida paradise is like painting a target on your back to some here.
This is a new one..Seems if you say the slightest negative about Florida you are labeled a hater and basher of the state, now if you call it paradise you are also cast in a negative light? ,Am i missing something?

Old 10-11-2013, 07:10 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
this is a forum.. people just say what comes to mind, no big deal, dont have to read it- can ignore it or write a rebuttal - we arentertained, as nothing we say matters in the final outcome. But it opens up to other ways of thinking.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:14 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Let's not forget those Ontario plates driving 25mph over the Skyway while swerving all over.
You won't ever see this Ontario plate driving 25mph and weaving all over! Well, part of that is because we bought a car to leave down there and it is Florida plated

If I cannot keep up to the traffic for some reason like having a very nervous passenger, I'll be over there in the right lane and not sitting out there in the left lane. Usually I'm pacing the traffic in the center lanes.

Gotta say it again for all to hear; we love it down there and are scheduled to fly in this week for another 6 months of spending our retirement income in a place that offers entertainment, great dining, much cheaper golf, camaraderie of like minded folks and where even the bagger at the Publix is of the polite southern hospitality type.

We were RV snowbirds to the southwest for many years but like another poster on here, found the Arizona desert to be rather bland by comparison and after one return visit to Florida in 09 we sold the rig and bought a home down there and could not be happier.

We are very aware that while we are enjoying the PRIVILEDGE of visiting your fine area, there are many of you folks still trying to commute to make a living and the very last thing my wife and I desire is to be a blight on your day in any manner at all.

Our wish for all of you is to get to the same place we are now with your health intact and money to burn.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This is a new one..Seems if you say the slightest negative about Florida you are labeled a hater and basher of the state, now if you call it paradise you are also cast in a negative light? ,Am i missing something?
Hey there Jambo; a well known conundrum among snowbirds is they want their paradise to reamain a secret because once the word gets around you're now afflicted with a hoard of other snowbirds all competing for tee times, dinner reservations, parking spots close to the theater entrance, etc., etc..

We tend to stifle ourselves when talking to Canadian friends for fear they might want to come on down and experience curtain number 3 so to speak.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:24 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

We tend to stifle ourselves when talking to Canadian friends for fear they might want to come on down and experience curtain number 3 so to speak.
One thing I learned early growing up Chicago Irish; when you have something good going you keep it under your hat. "Don't tell nobody nuthin'."

Old 10-13-2013, 08:26 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
I like snowbirds, they bring an economic boost to our area every year. But they do make traffic much worse, I wish they'd avoid rush hours. I know I sure would if I didn't have to drive then.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:33 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Yea I said that once. why if you are retired and only spending your winter here- why are out and about at 7 am ?? when I retire, if I ever retire, I will stay in bed till least 8 and take a lonnng time drinking my coffee. common sense... to me to stay away from the rat race

Old 10-14-2013, 06:37 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times
After a lifetime of work and saving enough to be able to spend their winters down here I reckon most snowbirds will say they go out in their car any time they please.
And who can blame them ?

Old 10-14-2013, 07:27 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
After a lifetime of work and saving enough to be able to spend their winters down here I reckon most snowbirds will say they go out in their car any time they please.
And who can blame them ?
They are here to enjoy what many others take for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay