Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:09 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,819,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I never seem to hit all this "traffic" people mention. I stay off of 60 and never hit traffic in the 4 years i've been here save for the random outing during rush hour.
Have you ever visited mall during weekends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,595,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
All of the Brandon area is a cluster. It was clearly not planned to handle the increase in population.

I really don't understand why so many people live in Brandon. It's such a strange area.
Yea, Brandon is a cluster except we can add New Tampa, South Tampa, Carrollwood, Town and Country, Riverview, Westchase, North Tampa, Lutz, Weslet Chapel all ahead on that list.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,999,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Yea, Brandon is a cluster except we can add New Tampa, South Tampa, Carrollwood, Town and Country, Riverview, Westchase, North Tampa, Lutz, Weslet Chapel all ahead on that list.
I dunno about ahead. New Tampa, South Tampa, Westchase, Lutz and the Chap all seem far less strange.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:45 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,595,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I dunno about ahead. New Tampa, South Tampa, Westchase, Lutz and the Chap all seem far less strange.
I know what u mean. All those north and south, east and west roads to choose from in the Brandon area. Its very much different then those clogged main roads in the other areas with no alternative roads to use.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,767,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Have you ever visited mall during weekends?
no, i dont really shop there, but if i go, i go during the day with the kid so he can go have fun.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:12 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,999,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
I know what u mean. All those north and south, east and west roads to choose from in the Brandon area. Its very much different then those clogged main roads in the other areas with no alternative roads to use.
I am referring more to the people that live in those areas from my experience, not the roadways.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 PM

24 posts, read 69,963 times
How did this go from being an informative post about a potential safety concern, to bashing people that live in different parts of the county? This is why so many posts go off topic and the whole point of the OP is lost.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:30 PM

24 posts, read 69,963 times
Aaaaaand.....not that anybody cares, but after some discussion with the engineers and county commissioners, the intersection in question will be receiving updated traffic patterns and signal timing in the next couple weeks before the holiday shopping season begins. Westfield is also planning to add the necessary turn lanes but will wait until the holidays are over to start any construction.

Hope this will keep everyone safe and keep spending dollars in our area.

Thank you

Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,706,478 times
They won't put a light in until there are a certain amount of accidents/deaths. This was the same story for the intersection at Providence Lakes and Gornto. There were so many accidents but after the last major one, they finally installed the light. You can put in requests until you are blue in the face but this is how things seem to work.
[WHERE DID I COME UP WITH THIS CONCLUSION? I work in the apartment industry, and worked for a company that has an apartment building at a dangerous location on a busy road. They put in many requests to only be told what I stated above. This was re-confirmed by another company/property I worked at last year with the same situation]

Brandon is just such a horribly laid out area.

I've lived in Brandon/Riverview for almost 10 yrs and I avoid Brandon like the black plague. I moved to South Tampa to get away from all the insanity!

Old 10-28-2013, 03:05 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,513,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
They won't put a light in until there are a certain amount of accidents/deaths. This was the same story for the intersection at Providence Lakes and Gornto. There were so many accidents but after the last major one, they finally installed the light. You can put in requests until you are blue in the face but this is how things seem to work.
[WHERE DID I COME UP WITH THIS CONCLUSION? I work in the apartment industry, and worked for a company that has an apartment building at a dangerous location on a busy road. They put in many requests to only be told what I stated above. This was re-confirmed by another company/property I worked at last year with the same situation]

Brandon is just such a horribly laid out area.

I've lived in Brandon/Riverview for almost 10 yrs and I avoid Brandon like the black plague. I moved to South Tampa to get away from all the insanity!
Hi Mquintana- long time no read. Hope your life is going well. Good to see you posting on CDF again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay