Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,700,078 times

Advertisements

Get a life. I don't have time in my busy schedule to create 2 profiles on a message board. Again, you don't seem to care that there's others who don't find TT desirable. I've been on this board since 2007 under the same screen name-there's members who know that I've been on here under that same name and been helpful to many others in their questions. Rather than attacking others for having an OPINION, why don't you show a little more class and keep your rude comments to yourself. You rep TT oh so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
Oh hi mquintana's other screen name. You, and you, are mistaken about suitcase city. Suitcase city is Carrollwood-adjacent, as is Drew Park. Temple Terrace is not adjacent to either of those areas.In fact, if you even live in Tampa, but no worries, you can just google map it, you would see that Greater Carrollwood starts within a mile of Nebraska. Temple Terrace, on the other hand, is at least 3 miles away.Greater Carrollwood, which you are so quick to recommend, borders also Drew Park with all it's topless bars. Perhaps you are familiar with the topless bars there? Temple Terrace, on the other hand, borders Thonotosassa, with all its farms. Topless bars, farms. Farms or topless bars. Yet you keep dissing Temple Terrace. One wonders what might be your motive. But enough dancing around this. Since the title of the OP's thread is HOUSE WITH MATURE TREES, you must be an excellent person to get advice from, suggesting that the OP should not be concerned with trees or a lot to hold them. You are as considerate of the OP's inquiry as you are of the good people of Temple Terrace. Not at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 AM

The only nonsense here is coming from you. You are obviously biased to only TT. You must have been born and raised there-which there's nothing wrong with that however, I have lived and worked all over TB and am not so small minded to only "praise" one area. I haven't fooled anyone here but apparently you do.
There's plenty of good areas here in Tampa Bay, the whole area-but we all have our OPINIONS-which we are ENTITLED to.

Here it is again, just in case you missed it.[/quote]

Last edited by Keeper; 10-31-2013 at 06:25 AM..

Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 AM

1,500 posts, read 3,333,337 times
To correct your latest misinformation, I was not raised here. Metro NYC, USVI and Boca Raton. I'm just slumming here in Tampa for the fun of it. Actually I like very much all the nature of the Tampa Bay area. It's a shame to see people like you continually dissing it.

Anyway, glad to hear you will no longer be responding to my posts with your misinformation and rude attacks. That should make everyone happy. I'd love it if this forum had an ignore button so I could click you onto ignore. Meanwhile. I'll do my very best to avert my eyes to you, but I might correct misinformation as I see it, regardless of its source. I hope anyone similarly feels free to correct myself should I slip up and offer any information which is not true. I try to be quite careful with the information I relay to others, unlike how some people enjoy operating under their various covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
FOLLOWING INFORMATION ON DISTANCES FROM MAPQUEST.com

Hyde Park Place @ Bayshore in Hyde Park, south Tampa, FL to Adamo Dr @ N 15th St, Ybor City, Tampa, FL = 1.87 miles

Magdalene Hill Dr (Lake Magdalene) @ N Rome Ave, Greater Carrollwood, Tampa FL, to (west side SUITCASE CITY, Nebraska @ Fletcher, Tampa FL) = 1.94 miles

Pine Lake Dr (Lake Carroll) @ N Armenia, Greater Carrollwood, Tampa, FL, to Nebraska @ Fletcher (west side of Suitcase City, Tampa, FL) = 2.49 miles

Fowler @ 56th Temple Terrace, FL to N 22 St @ Fletcher (E side suitcase city, Tampa, FL) = 3.55 miles (with a 1,900-acre, 50,000-student university between them).

Last edited by Sunscape; 10-30-2013 at 05:15 PM..

Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 AM

To the OP:
Regardless of what I think--or what others think--your best bet is to come visit the area. We all have opinions about areas here (as everyone does everywhere, lol) and unfortunately voicing an opinion on this thread will get you attacked.
Anything that I have provided to you has been my own opinion or I quoted someone from other threads on the area (as stated in my response the first time). Unfortunately it was misconstrued and misinterpreted.
To get a good feel for Tampa and it's areas, speak with your realtor and have them take you around. They can offer you a less biased opinion with a little more insight.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:00 PM

17 posts, read 24,571 times
The trees are very important. they make it possible to be outside more often. I have three large dogs so 1/4 acre would be about a minumum. Haven't heard back from my agent re what she thinks about TT.
also, what is Suitcase city?

Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
Or you could just plant some trees, in Tampa area weather it will be full grown by spring!

Old 10-30-2013, 01:57 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Or you could just plant some trees, in Tampa area weather it will be full grown by spring!
LOL!

Old 10-30-2013, 02:05 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mally241 View Post
The trees are very important. they make it possible to be outside more often.
Agreed! Our neighborhood is extremely heavily landscaped with mature trees and plantings. It always feels cooler here than at my in-laws house where they have very few trees even though their house is ten years older than ours. Ours is also near water which helps, along with the seabreeze. We are in Palm Harbor, which is a coastal location.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:06 PM

A rough area. You want to avoid that part

Quote:
The trees are very important. they make it possible to be outside more often. I have three large dogs so 1/4 acre would be about a minumum. Haven't heard back from my agent re what she thinks about TT.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:15 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...case-city.html

lots of weekly and month to month rentals. As our TT expert has pointed out is not in Temple Terrace, There is however a general consensus that part of it is on TT, which is wrong, I personally thought so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay