Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

A warm 67 this morning when i got up. Ya it's really gonna be a big drop in temps today like some said, NOT!

Old 11-24-2013, 06:32 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
Yeah it was 18 degrees tonight here and i had to scrape ice off my car windows and brush 2 inches of snow off it. It was miserable and just downright cold. I'm counting down my days when i'm out of this forever and in Florida weather. Just 11 more days!
I am so excited for you. It's great counting down the days until you get to move to paradise!

Old 11-24-2013, 06:53 AM

While today is going to have a big drop of 10 degrees off the high of yesterday, take a look at the national map today through Tuesday.

Texas was one of the places we were considering for relocation and so glad we picked Florida instead. Cold and icy in Austin versus low 70's here today.

Yep, even with the big drop in temps today.....we still blow everywhere else away.

Glad my parents are flying in today, instead of trying to get out of the northeast in a couple of days.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:39 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
How long will you be out barefoot? You can keep the cold weather. I wouldn't want to experience it again. I was up in NYC a couple of years ago in Feb. I was not happy, I was not warm and it was totally miserable. In fact it was oppressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Its a fresh & cool 32 F here. I went out bare foot in a T-shirt an hour ago. The chill feels amazing. Want to try walking out barefoot again tomorrow morning when it will be in the mid 20's. Tomorrow, the high may not even cross 30 F. This ROCKS .

My friend has a family in Tampa bay and regrets going back there every winter. He feels that cold weather rocks just like me.

I pity you guys who have to deal with such oppressive conditions in November. 85 F with Florida dew points is a nasty hot summer day here and I will refuse to leave my air conditioned abode under such conditions. HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Its a fresh & cool 32 F here. I went out bare foot in a T-shirt an hour ago. The chill feels amazing. Want to try walking out barefoot again tomorrow morning when it will be in the mid 20's. Tomorrow, the high may not even cross 30 F. This ROCKS .

My friend has a family in Tampa bay and regrets going back there every winter. He feels that cold weather rocks just like me.

I pity you guys who have to deal with such oppressive conditions in November. 85 F with Florida dew points is a nasty hot summer day here and I will refuse to leave my air conditioned abode under such conditions. HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT.
We do have the most boring and flat weather. Dry and hot summers being stuck in a reverse west windlfow for 85% of the summer. No active upper level pattern in the fall tru spring 9 out of 10 years with no real cold or rain, can't buy a hurricane or any real nasty weather in my area. The fact is, it's getting warmer and drier as the years go by.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:56 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
How long will you be out barefoot? You can keep the cold weather. I wouldn't want to experience it again. I was up in NYC a couple of years ago in Feb. I was not happy, I was not warm and it was totally miserable. In fact it was oppressive.
I tried it out today morning like a real man, but crapped out in seconds like a little girl . 19 F today morning with 7 F windchill's while doing this. Keep the heat, it sucks and I don't want it. Anything above 82 F is a dreadful bane. I moved out of India for a better education and climate.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:59 AM

Here is a great data map. It shows we are above average this year in rainfall.......mainly due to all the great storms this summer from the awesome seabreeze.

Tampa, Florida - Average Rainfall - Current, Historical Data

Click on the year to date tab. We could actually not get a drop the rest of the year and still be above average for the year.

I love fact based data sources.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:02 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
Yeah it was 18 degrees tonight here and i had to scrape ice off my car windows and brush 2 inches of snow off it. It was miserable and just downright cold. I'm counting down my days when i'm out of this forever and in Florida weather. Just 11 more days!
Yes, it's a big change from Ohio weather and, for me, a welcome one. It was 62 degrees this morning when I was eating breakfast and they're predicting highs in the 70s. I prefer the 75 to 85 degree range, but when I saw Cincinnati was 19 degrees I felt blessed. I'm not sure I could endure those kind of temperatures again nor do I wish to find out. I think you are going to love it here. I'm pulling for you and all of the others out there who wish to be warm.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Here is a great data map. It shows we are above average this year in rainfall.......mainly due to all the great storms this summer from the awesome seabreeze.

Tampa, Florida - Average Rainfall - Current, Historical Data

We could actually not get a drop the rest of the year and still be above average for the year.

I love fact based data sources.
Another clueless post. Most everyone east of west pasco has above normal rain for this year. I am well below normal for this year. Since i don't live in other parts of FL and i had well below normal rainfall every month but Apirl, July and Sept, then i can say i was right in calling it out last year that i would get below normal rainfall for this year.

Just about as fact based when you posted this crap over a week ago and bragged about these people having a degree and computers.
It's nippy out there this morning. Got jeans and a sweatshirt on now. Looking at the thermostat and pondering switching it to heat, but trying to resist. We will have a little warm up for a few days and then back into the cold. Multiple nights in the 40's here and days in the 60's......according to the professional meteorologists, with degrees and computers and all.

HAHAHA, how did that work out for ya?

Just for kicks i wiill go total my rainfall amounts for this year and get back with ya all.

Just ran the totals so far, 34.56" to this date. Better look at some other maps buddy and you will see my part of Pasco got the least amount of rain.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 11-24-2013 at 08:21 AM..

Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Wow. 10AM, 67 degrees, overcast (Yay!) and a slight breeze. Nicest morning since March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay