Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 03:28 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,468,878 times

Advertisements

Verizon just raised my base price by $9.99 per month starting 1/1/14.

For those of you on auto-pay or month to month internet plans, do check your billing statement.

Quote:

FiOS Rate Increase

This is a reminder that pricing for your FiOS Bundle, FiOS TV, or FiOS
Internet plan has increased this month. We offer many other bundle
options that can help you get the most for your money. Go to
verizon.com/fios/2vu or call 1-866-905-2199 to learn about new
bundle options and you may also be eligible for a special offer when
you switch to a new FiOS Bundle with a two-year agreement and
two-year bundle price guarantee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 04:44 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,679,388 times
Last summer when our Fios Bundle got to $150.00 a month we pulled the plug on it. We just couldn't justify the expense when we don't watch that much tv. We did our research, bought an RCA antenna, stuck it in our attic, and now we watch tv for free. As for the home phone, we haven't missed it yet. In fact, it's nice not to junk calls on a regular basis anymore. We signed up for internet only through Brighthouse for about $30.00 per month and have had no issues. If you want to contain costs you might consider other options.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:07 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,830,293 times
I had the whole Fios bundle for seven years up north. When I'd get that kind of notice every few years, I'd call them up to voice my displeasure and end up with the same or a better deal.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 PM

5,980 posts, read 7,390,056 times
Were you coming off contract?

I ask because we have a two year FIOS contract that will be up next month, and I was curious to see if they would leave things alone or jack the price up.

They have a retention department. Call them and tell them you're going to go back to Brighthouse and I bet the increase goes away….

RM

Old 01-02-2014, 10:27 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,102,017 times
Mine didn't go up.

Still paying $79.99/mo for my HDTV+Internet+Phone. Only bummer is the extra $16.99 for the HD DVR box we have in the living room, but we have Roku's in the rest of our bedrooms. I wish they would just let people buy them. Seems illegal to force customers to rent them.

$113 total with taxes and fees. Still by far the cheapest I have ever had with the best quality of services from a cable provider (and I've had almost all of them in the Southeast).

Old 01-02-2014, 11:38 AM

676 posts, read 1,272,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Mine didn't go up.

Still paying $79.99/mo for my HDTV+Internet+Phone. Only bummer is the extra $16.99 for the HD DVR box we have in the living room, but we have Roku's in the rest of our bedrooms. I wish they would just let people buy them. Seems illegal to force customers to rent them.

$113 total with taxes and fees. Still by far the cheapest I have ever had with the best quality of services from a cable provider (and I've had almost all of them in the Southeast).
I agree. I was with Comcast for 10 years in the Atlanta area and the FIOS internet performs way faster and the TV picture provided by FIOS makes Comcast look like an amateur.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,812,573 times
Last time I read their fine print the rates were advertised for certain period and supposed to be increased after that period and not sooner.

Tampaite, when did you sign up with them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay