Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 13,123 times

Advertisements

I had verizon fios in the past and so glad to go back to brighthouse, i was so upset that after all connection problems i had with verizon fios they told me if i cancel services i had to pay a cancelation fee for a contract i never sign. When i called Brighthouse they gave me a grate deal with all services i need, no installation fees, 1 free month plus a buy out of $200 to cover my Fios cancelation fee. I am so happy with my services now, i also find out Brighthouse have improve tremendously the internet speed, i love the caller id on pc, i love baynews9 wich i missed so bad and Now they going to have caller ID on PC??? I cant wait for that to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 02:41 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I was so glad to get rid of Verizon's customer mal care...because it was so annoying and the bill was half the time wrong...it has cost me so many of my cell phone minutes to have it corrected and time!

Old 04-30-2009, 05:16 PM

68 posts, read 258,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I was so glad to get rid of Verizon's customer mal care...because it was so annoying and the bill was half the time wrong...it has cost me so many of my cell phone minutes to have it corrected and time!

Consider yourself lucky. I don't think we ever had 2 bills that were the same amount. It got so bad that we just gave up and paid +/- $10 the last couple of months. I'm done with Verizon forever.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:38 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
Quote:
I'm done with Verizon forever.
Me too. Never again.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:12 PM

68 posts, read 271,689 times
Same here. They keep billing me for internet and I don't have their service any longer. I have brighthouse and am satisfied all the way around, internet, tv and digital phone !

Old 05-01-2009, 09:48 PM

849 posts, read 2,921,611 times
I made the switch too. FIOS TV service was better than Brighthouse- more channels and the HD was much clearer. But as far as internet and billing, Brighthouse spanks FIOS. All this talk of speed with FIOS was BS... my download and upload speed with Roadrunner puts FIOS to shame-as far as speedtest.net can determine. And billing? My bill is the SAME EVERY MONTH with Brighthouse- same can't be said for FIOS.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:15 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 910,339 times
What broadband/cable options exist in Tampa? I currently live in a place with zero choice in broadband options. I am hoping Tampa (and Florida) have many choices. WHen I visited Tampa last year I saw a ton of Dishes everywhere. Do people bypass cable altogether?

I presently have Verizon cell which I like actually. Verizon doesn't have any broadband options where I presently live. It doesn't sound like, based on this thread, that I should consider them for broadband....

Old 05-02-2009, 08:03 AM

413 posts, read 1,368,166 times
The apartment complex I live in recently had Verizon come in and install the Fios equipment. They told us we could have a choice of either Fios or Brighthouse. I have never had trouble with Brighthouse and use it for my internet server.

I had Verizon as a phone service and if Fios is like their phone service they can keep it. I was being nickeled and dimed with every bill I got for my landline. I finally had enough and quit having a landline. As for their broadband, look at the small print. It looks like you are getting a good deal but there is always a catch.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:32 PM

50 posts, read 149,910 times
Thanks for the post I was just considering the 2 options. Verzion is SO much cheaper for what we need but this really makes me consider Brighthouse... the internet cost is crazy though and DSL seems less than desirable... how is your internet connection?

Old 05-02-2009, 08:53 PM

849 posts, read 2,921,611 times
Verizon SEEMS cheaper- read the fine print. Many of FIOS' special prices are good only for a few months or 6 months, then the rates skyrocket. Additionally, there is no contract with Brighthouse, and their customer service is 100 times better. My Brighthouse bill is the exact same EVERY MONTH. When I had FIOS, it changed month to month. They blamed it on "taxes". Yeah right.
My Roadrunner connection is faster than my FIOS connection ever was. I have no issues with my internet connection. If you buy a 50mbps package with FIOS, you may be surprised to find out your computer cannot even handle that speed...I had the 20mbps package, and Speedtest.net regularly clocked my download speed at 8mbps...because my computer couldn't assimilate any more than that, I guess. So I was wasting my money, basically. With Brighthouse, I am paying less yet I still get the same speed readings, if not sometimes better.
Verizon is good for only one thing- cell phone service. Even their billing there sucks. But I like the service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay