Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:54 PM

413 posts, read 1,368,896 times

Advertisements

I have Brighthouse Roadrunner which is $14.95 a month. It is perfect for me. I can't see spending almost a hundred dollars just to use the internet.

I just don't trust Verizon. If you go with them be sure to read all the fine print. The special price only lasts so long than God knows what it goes up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 01:24 PM

30 posts, read 88,416 times
I will be moving to FL in August and this thread help me make my decision regarding internet. We have Verizon here in VA but there FIOS is not available in my neighborhood. I cancelled my landline with Verizon 2 years ago and it was he best decision.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:36 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I even had applied for Verizon internet, phoneand cable over 2 weeks before i moved and a week after i moved still nobody had come out and I was so sick of it and called Brighthouse and inquired when they had a chance to set it up for me and they answered..."today" and really I was connected the same day and this was 3 years ago and I'm so glad that I never had to deal with verizon customer service...soon after I changed my cell phones to ATT. The only thing which was better with verizon was there cell phone connection but I take the lesser receiving over the horrible issues with Verizon billing and all the minutes it took to get my bill corrected, month after month after month...they are out there to scam you...otherwise why is a bill every month different and wrong, specially if you have a package with minutes and never go over the minutes!

Old 04-27-2014, 04:55 AM

819 posts, read 1,409,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarana View Post
If you are thinking of changing from brighthouse to Verizon, think again, their customer service is abysmal and when I had Brighthouse all I had to do was dial 611 and they always took great care of me. As soon as my contract is over I will switch back in a heartbeat. They also told me I have to go to a UPS store to return a box I no longer need. Brighthouse picked up anything I had. I'm so sorry I switched!!!!!!!!!
Did you join the site just to whine about Verizon? Your first post is to resurrect a thread that is five years old.

I have had Fios internet since 2006; it's been rock solid. I've probably had 10 outages total in that eight years and none particularly long. I have an old 25/10 mbps plan but routinely see as high as 35 down and 25 up, and not just from the speed test sites for a few seconds; I work from home certain days and move very large files to and from work that require 20 to 30 minutes to move. The pricing is not so great on the television side and their DVR's kind of stink; I'm going to be dropping them for DirecTV soon and just keeping the VZ internet portion. Their non-fios regular DSL internet service I would definitely go with Brighthouse over, or any other broadband provider; DSL sucks these days when we're talking just speed alone.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:00 AM

676 posts, read 1,272,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spbbound View Post
Did you join the site just to whine about Verizon? Your first post is to resurrect a thread that is five years old.

I have had Fios internet since 2006; it's been rock solid. I've probably had 10 outages total in that eight years and none particularly long. I have an old 25/10 mbps plan but routinely see as high as 35 down and 25 up, and not just from the speed test sites for a few seconds; I work from home certain days and move very large files to and from work that require 20 to 30 minutes to move. The pricing is not so great on the television side and their DVR's kind of stink; I'm going to be dropping them for DirecTV soon and just keeping the VZ internet portion. Their non-fios regular DSL internet service I would definitely go with Brighthouse over, or any other broadband provider; DSL sucks these days when we're talking just speed alone.
Out of curiosity, I just ran speedtest - 58 down/ 38 up.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:25 AM

819 posts, read 1,409,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBeachRetiree View Post
Out of curiosity, I just ran speedtest - 58 down/ 38 up.
Sometimes the higher speeds of the new plans make me want to bump it up but I've had my old plan for so long, with grandfathered in pricing, that I stick with it. Every few years they try to bump me up and I just call and threaten to switch and that buys me a few more at the old rates lol.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:22 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
Uh, you folks do realize this thread is almost five years old?

Old 04-27-2014, 11:45 AM

676 posts, read 1,272,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Uh, you folks do realize this thread is almost five years old?
Yes.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:01 PM

26 posts, read 41,203 times
I just looked into brighthouse pricing, thanks to this thread. I'm evaluating if I will save money living in FL vs PA. Right now I pay 36/month for 50/10 high speed internet. The closest that brighthouse has is $78/ month. Verizon seems cheaper, but they are horrid to deal with. I got rid of them and comcast up here..got sick of the increases and billing errors. I have a VOIP phone so would need decent upload, plus I'm used to this fast speed now. I'm still 6-12 months from a move, so maybe prices will decrease.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:57 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idsrvt2 View Post
I just looked into brighthouse pricing, thanks to this thread. I'm evaluating if I will save money living in FL vs PA. Right now I pay 36/month for 50/10 high speed internet. The closest that brighthouse has is $78/ month. Verizon seems cheaper, but they are horrid to deal with. I got rid of them and comcast up here..got sick of the increases and billing errors. I have a VOIP phone so would need decent upload, plus I'm used to this fast speed now. I'm still 6-12 months from a move, so maybe prices will decrease.
I lived in PA my entire life before moving here in late 2012. You couldn't pay me to go back to Comcast. I had FIOS for seven years before the move. It was a joy compared to my prior experience with Comcast. Unfortunately, I live in a non-Verizon area so I went with Brighthouse. I have 90/10, so I pay more but it's been solid. I also have a VOIP phone. Don't hold your breath in regards to prices decreasing. They won't. You'll see savings on certain things in FL over PA, other things you won't, and in some things are more expensive here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay