Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 05:40 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,384,782 times

Advertisements

I'm really confused about the comments on street parking.

We have this issue in our community, and we have yet to find anything in the County ordinances that restricts or limits it in any way. If someone can point me to the ordinances that limit or restrict street parking I would really appreciate it.

Since the streets belong to the County, the HOA has no jurisdiction over them, that we know.

The biggest issue is people parking across from each other, effectively blocking the street for emergency vehicles and garbage trucks. One of my fellow HOA officers did tell me that when the garbage trucks get blocked by people parking too close on the street they sit there and lay on their horn until one of them comes out and moves their vehicle.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 08:02 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
That is exactly the reason for no parking and usually it is shown by the no parking signs and often they are stating on a small sign "in any street" which means in the entire community.

If a fire truck or other emergency vehicle has to pass they will push the car aside with their big bumpers if the street is blocked. We had it once and than you can see how small the streets are when parking occurs at both sides.

Street parking is usually something the cops will write tickets for unless there is a party going on and it is not a daily or weekly party. If the cars are parked half on the easement and half in the street it is often a HOA issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I'm really confused about the comments on street parking.

We have this issue in our community, and we have yet to find anything in the County ordinances that restricts or limits it in any way. If someone can point me to the ordinances that limit or restrict street parking I would really appreciate it.

Since the streets belong to the County, the HOA has no jurisdiction over them, that we know.

The biggest issue is people parking across from each other, effectively blocking the street for emergency vehicles and garbage trucks. One of my fellow HOA officers did tell me that when the garbage trucks get blocked by people parking too close on the street they sit there and lay on their horn until one of them comes out and moves their vehicle.

RM

Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 PM

819 posts, read 1,409,929 times
I have my mom in a house in Tampa Palms, on the south side of I75 in 'New Tampa'. The place sucks. I spend a lot of money on HOA fees both to TPNOA and the community she lives in for basically lawn mowing. She can't even bring guests to the community pool past our gracious allowance of 10 guest passes per year. Hunters Green is even worse than most of the Tampa Palms communities; the association will fine you if you leave your garage door open or have a guest who parks half way out of your driveway. You'll spend a lot of money in fees so everyone can be happy about their green common areas but otherwise you're pissing away money on nothing.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:29 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
there is No HOA - bad, if there is one - bad.... There should be something in the middle...Fine for open garage door ir half way parking on the driveway sound extreme...

Old 07-14-2014, 04:53 AM

473 posts, read 544,464 times
Here is a sample of the crazy rules in Hunter Green

"Except when entering or leaving the garage, each Owner’s
or approved tenant’s vehicle(s), when in Hunter’s Green,
must be parked in a garage bay between 11:00 p.m. and
7:00 a.m"

Here is a link to the rest of the "Rules"

Hunter's Green Community Association - Rules & Regulations

Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Many communities have these rules and why do you think they came up with them?

Due to people sitting in their driveway and garages all evening and day and using them as living rooms, fitnesses and horrible looking storage places which they are all allowed to do but how do you think the curb appeal is for the neighbor across the street who has that kind of view and what do you think the mind set is for buyers driving by?

Since more and more properties got rented out and many tenants not carrying about curb appeal since it is not their property and not saying anything if they are good or bad tenants, just a behavioral thing....many HOA's changed this and made it a rule to protect values and implement this rule.

In Seven Oaks they have a similar rule and aside from over zealous HOA's it works really well. Of course you can have the garage door open when you On my way! the lawn, kids are playing outside, etc. but not all day and evening.

We got feedback in other communities where this rule is not implemented and many times buyers are saying they didn't like the curb appeal and often when you ask more questions it is the way some have music on while working out in their garage, etc.

If you like to have that way if living that is great and nobody will stop you in places where it is not a rule.

I believe Hunters Green has drive ways so owners are allowed to park in their driveway or is that forbidden too? I never heard about that rule and doubt it will hold up I court.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:23 AM

Regulating how I can use my garage is a bit extreme for me

Old 07-14-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
Here is a sample of the crazy rules in Hunter Green

"Except when entering or leaving the garage, each Owner’s
or approved tenant’s vehicle(s), when in Hunter’s Green,
must be parked in a garage bay between 11:00 p.m. and
7:00 a.m"

Here is a link to the rest of the "Rules"

Hunter's Green Community Association - Rules & Regulations
One of Meadow Pointe communities has the same rule. The question is how this rule is enforced on daily basis.
What if you have 2 car garage and 3 cars?

Old 07-14-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
Regulating how I can use my garage is a bit extreme for me
So I guess you don't live in the community with these rules...

Old 07-14-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
So I guess you don't live in the community with these rules...
I do not, and never would. Dictating how I can use my garage is much too extreme. Whats next how I can use my backyard, patio, living room ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay