Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 04:51 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

I had one time a bad experience but in the end they resolved it and I always feel that if a company handles a complaint in the right way that tells something about the company.

At first they made it worse by some employee putting his dirty hands on my car ceiling and leaving black fingerprints behind...also on the door panel and seat. We walked back in after taking pictures first and someone was send out to clean it and they told me it would dry up and be ok but turned out to be worse and I send pictures to headquarters and after bringing my car in a again after being contacted they resolved it the best the could.

But with the knowledge after feeling stupid of being over charged for a ridiculous fee over and over and their ludicrous explanation I will go back to use my class action coupons which I have more than one for since we have used more than one car and got multiple cards to send in, I will look else where and now know what else to ask for than just comparing the price as I did.

I thought it was just the price and than it would be labor and tax but I always asked the price and usually they would say " materials and labor, before taxes" which in their case means " before tax and shop fees!"

Therefore I feel it is misrepresentation since it is not posted in the store and you only get to see it when you have paid since they let you sign quickly on a paper so they can start the repair.

Every profession or branch can have their fees but at least in real estate we have to show the fees and have the person given the time to read things before signing and if someone will sign before even reading anything that is their choice but in this case you sign a paper and they tell you it is to allow them to repair the car and when you pick it up they don't tell you either but out the paper under your noise while talking about the car and other stuff so fast instead of going the items and even if they do go over the lines they go over it on the top where it isn't showing and than they say the rest is tax...so it seems they are aware about the issues.

Nowhere is it posted that on all repairs aside from tires they charge 10% shop fees before adding tax so it is even higher!

That part is disturbing to me and causing me to rethink where to go next time and too bad for them we have 4 cars we pay for...

If they feel so strongly about charging this fee than why not be open and honest about it and post it openly or put it in big letter before you sign to agree for the service...but we all know the answer...they are embarrassed and know they will loose customers if it gets out to the public.

Last edited by bentlebee; 08-13-2014 at 05:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 11:48 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
I used them once and was very happy with the service and bottom line price on our Michelins.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I used them once and was very happy with the service and bottom line price on our Michelins.
Overall I have been the happiest over there aside from one timeout that can happen anywhere...but it is not just about service but also being quoted an amount and than they fail to disclose that they charge additional money on some bogus fee which at least car dealers disclose and is known to most people by now.

I feel this fee should be disclosed so anyone can decide that they don't care to pay but that sneaky way is bothering me.

There are now restaurants charging on the bill for Obamacare and some are charging a flat minimum tip fee that they also should disclose upfront.

If this is going to be the new normal than soon expect to be charged the same at Target and else where.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:03 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Overall I have been the happiest over there aside from one timeout that can happen anywhere...but it is not just about service but also being quoted an amount and than they fail to disclose that they charge additional money on some bogus fee which at least car dealers disclose and is known to most people by now.

I feel this fee should be disclosed so anyone can decide that they don't care to pay but that sneaky way is bothering me.

There are now restaurants charging on the bill for Obamacare and some are charging a flat minimum tip fee that they also should disclose upfront.

If this is going to be the new normal than soon expect to be charged the same at Target and else where.
All I care about is the "out the door" price. They can word it however they like, but the bottom line price is what matters to me. So I would rather pay them $635 for tires, including a $35 charge, rather than paying someone else $700 for the same tires, but no extra charge. (Prices used are just for illustration purposes).

Old 08-14-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
All I care about is the "out the door" price. They can word it however they like, but the bottom line price is what matters to me. So I would rather pay them $635 for tires, including a $35 charge, rather than paying someone else $700 for the same tires, but no extra charge. (Prices used are just for illustration purposes).
Very true but that is usually not what they tell when they call...they say "before taxes" and that doesn't incl. the shop fee since that is the part on the bottom. Listen carefully to what they tell you and what you pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay