Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 05:01 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times

Advertisements

I think it's funny how there is pretty much a consensus in Tampa that South Tampa is snobby, I have read it here too many times to count, I have argued against it but if someone on the outside puts it on a list then it's absurd, because the article talks about South Tampa exclusively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 05:10 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
I am surprised a bit at this. I have been to just about every state in the Union and almost 30 countries and I don't see the snobbishness here. Wonder where they looked or who they polled to get this info.

Boston, NY, Providence, Connecticut, D.C, West Palm Beach, Miami, Coranado, etc... all have seemed worse to me.
You live in Land O Lakes! LOL Move to South Tampa and then return to the thread and report.

On a side note: can someone explain two things:
1. Why are we snobs in the first place? are we born like this? or is this some disorder?
2. Why would someone write an article like this? what do they hope to accomplish? (aside from making us all look like crap in front of the world, which we already do!)

Old 10-14-2014, 07:01 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I think it's funny how there is pretty much a consensus in Tampa that South Tampa is snobby, I have read it here too many times to count, I have argued against it but if someone on the outside puts it on a list then it's absurd, because the article talks about South Tampa exclusively.
^This. The article was not refering about Luts, Land O Lake or some other middle of nowhere suburb but South Tampa.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:07 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
You live in Land O Lakes! LOL Move to South Tampa and then return to the thread and report.

On a side note: can someone explain two things:
1. Why are we snobs in the first place? are we born like this? or is this some disorder?
2. Why would someone write an article like this? what do they hope to accomplish? (aside from making us all look like crap in front of the world, which we already do!)
And you live in Lutz. You don't live in Tampa, but I am sure you get around enough to make a valid point.

Because I am in a suburb does that mean I don't get around the city? They didn't say my neighbor is a snob.

Some people on here continue to amaze me with the lack of understanding. The article was probably written because when someone visited, they ran into negative people like you.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:13 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
I just thought it was kind of funny for little ole Tampa to be so high on that list with all those other very major cities - it's kind of cool, even if it is ridiculous. Yes, it's only on there because of "south Tampa," and a very SMALL section of south Tampa at that. (Soho was mentioned) Anyway, like they say, any publicity is good publicity and I like that Tampa is showing up more and more these days on these ridiculous lists! LOL

Old 10-14-2014, 07:43 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,625,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I just thought it was kind of funny for little ole Tampa to be so high on that list with all those other very major cities - it's kind of cool, even if it is ridiculous. Yes, it's only on there because of "south Tampa," and a very SMALL section of south Tampa at that. (Soho was mentioned) Anyway, like they say, any publicity is good publicity and I like that Tampa is showing up more and more these days on these ridiculous lists! LOL
I'm glad you're starting to enjoy these list. I remember you would get very angry when I posted list about Tampa.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,204,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I'm glad you're starting to enjoy these list. I remember you would get very angry when I posted list about Tampa.
Hey, we don't keep a score over here

I am with Gypsychic any publicity is good for Tampa......

Old 10-14-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Hey, we don't keep a score over here

I am with Gypsychic any publicity is good for Tampa......
I don't really see how being labeled "snobby" is good publicity, but it is better than some of the past labels.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Maybe northeners and potential emigrants, immigrants, and future transplants will read the article and stay the hell out.

Is that SNOBBISH enough for ya'll?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Maybe northeners and potential emigrants, immigrants, and future transplants will read the article and stay the hell out.

Is that SNOBBISH enough for ya'll?
Sounds bigoted, not snobbish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay