Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 07:54 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
All I can say is this: While I don't live in Tampa anymore, it is my hometown. I was born and raised there, and my husband commutes to downtown (15 years). I have seen many, many changes since I was a little girl. Even today, downtown is unrecognizable from when I grew up there as a teen. Tampa has had many good mayors; however it is MY OPINION that Mayor Bob B. is the best Tampa has ever seen. I don't get why so many are criticizing him for being maybe a bit overly enthusiastic. For Pete's sake, EVERY CITY should have a mayor that cares as much as he does! I believe he has done more for Tampa ALREADY, than the last few mayors combined. Once a place starts a roll like this, there is a snowball effect. I think some of you are going to be really surprised how fast Tampa is going to start to "take off."

Lately, Tampa has been appearing on more and more "best" lists - and even if we don't believe in those type lists too much, the fact is, Tampa is actually appearing on lists along with major cities - it is getting noticed! And yeah, with this kind of investment from Bill Gates no less, it is going to get even more notice. If I were an investor and had some money, I would be investing in all kinds of places in and around downtown right now.

Once again, I have to offer kudos to mayor Buckhorn, and say THANK YOU and job well done for doing so much for my home town!
I could not agree more. Excellent post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 07:55 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
I don't know if this link has been posted yet, but reading another article on this says they want PUBLIC INPUT - they actually want to know what people want there! How cool is that? Anyway, here is the link to their website all about this project, and asking for your input:

Tampa Waterfront 20/20

Here is the link to the other article that mentions this website, gives more details on the project:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...vealed/2210519

Old 12-20-2014, 03:26 PM

265 posts, read 402,355 times
I know this thread is about the Vinik development, but I just found this thread today when I did a search for posts that mention "encore district," because I just finally decided to look into what's been going on there in the northeast downtown area... I'm so impressed with what I'm seeing there that I'm considering moving into one of the midrises. My wife and I are itching to shake things up and move closer to the downtown area, to try contributing to the urban growth. And I'm so impressed with this Encore project that I just might consider living there.

At first I thought it was going to be another project development, for public housing, since that's what used to be there. But I can see now that they've done it into a mixed-income neighborhood, which makes perfect sense, because that way professionals can help subsidize the lower income families a bit.

Tampa is my home, where I grew up, and my wife's too... So if we are going to stay here and not move away to another city, we've decided we want to participate in the urban renaissance. It's great to see all this awesome development happening now, and I do think Buckhorn has been a great mayor for making a lot of this growth happen.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:53 PM

491 posts, read 472,166 times
7 years later and the Water Street project is almost there. Detroit? lol. Tampa is awesome.

Old 06-13-2021, 04:05 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
It is awesome!

Old 06-13-2021, 04:50 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
7 years later and the Water Street project is almost there. Detroit? lol. Tampa is awesome.
Don't get me wrong, Tampa has done a great job too, and Water Street is a remarkable development.

But, as a nerd for this sort of thing, Detroit has been doing a really good job, too!

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3405...7i16384!8i8192

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3349...7i16384!8i8192

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...!1BCgIgARICCAI

Honestly, I think it's a rising tide in attention paid to Downtowns/Urban Cores in America in general, and both Tampa and Detroit are two of the downtown cores most prominently altered in the last decade in terms of this stuff.

You love to see it.

Old 06-14-2021, 06:31 PM

323 posts, read 260,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
Man, I can tell you've NEVER been to Detroit. Detroits downtown resurgence has been phenomenal. You'd have to travel here frequently or live here to know that.... Your comment? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay