Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 10:43 AM

4 posts, read 2,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
There is also another Amazon distribution center in Plant City (although I think it has an actual Lakeland address).

There are plenty of other industrial jobs in the area as well, although maybe not "product manufacturing" exactly.

Mosaic, AirProducts, James Hardie, Zephyrhills/Nestle, Sun Hydraulics, Ball Beverage Packing, and numerous of other "industrial" companies in the Port of Tampa and Port Manatee (Del Monte, Kinder Morgan, Martin Marietta, TransMontaigne, etc).
I looked into the ones you posted and from what I have seen from their open jobs on their website they all skilled trade jobs. Nothing for general workers. Except for amazon I did not check them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 07:08 PM

76 posts, read 121,449 times
My only advice would be to make sure you pick a house or apartment close to your job locations, because the traffic in Tampa is awful.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:42 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,240 times
I'd really consider Lakeland (Polk County).
Its 45min east of Tampa and 45min west of Orlando. Housing is cheaper, there is Amazon warehouse,Publix warehouses and a couple manufactured home factories and a few R.V. manufactures.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:20 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,153 times
The problem with choosing Lakeland is that you have a commute always. Better to choose either Orlando or Tampa bay area
then find the jobs, or at least get a feel for the jobs market but one of you should have a job, or you will have a problem even getting a rental to live in. When you have decided where, then look for your permanent place. Of course you might find what you want in Lakeland and not have to move, but its a little small if you like a lot of variety.

wish you both look in your endeavor
ps despite the fact that the summer heat drives me crazy, and I can't grow my English style garden, and my family are an ocean away, this is home and the folks in Pinellas county are wonderful, all sorts, all shapes and sizes and creeds and colors, and political opinions (and boy they do like to share those LOL) and I find it for the most part pretty calm to live in.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:09 PM

335 posts, read 406,711 times
The cool thing about your dream is that it can, and likely will come true! How exciting is that!

Just wondering, how did you come to Tampa/Orlando? What about Jax or Miami, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay