Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 08:06 AM

734 posts, read 920,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Weird, I just checked Zillow and quickly found ten houses under 150K in North Lakes. As well as a few in Northdale . I was in construction when most of carrollwood was being built. I know where the 1990's houses are. The ones with wood on the outside of the two stories falling apart. Pulte and suarez built lots of homes out there the same time they were building Bloomingdale. Some of those older neighbor hoods look like war zones. Take a drive thru North lakes and tell me I'm wrong. In florida you can drive down a 300K neighborhood turn right and drive a quarter of a mile and hit a trailer park! that's just the way it is.
Carrolwood in general is at a higher price/sq. ft. than many parts of Tampa Bay, as was illustrated in post #18. Sure, if you're looking in a super dumpy area, you'll find cheap housing. The desirable parts of Carrolwood, of which there are many, are expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 11:39 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
Carrolwood in general is at a higher price/sq. ft. than many parts of Tampa Bay, as was illustrated in post #18. Sure, if you're looking in a super dumpy area, you'll find cheap housing. The desirable parts of Carrolwood, of which there are many, are expensive.
Well duh, I am very familiar with Carrolwood. The OP asked about a price range that he was looking for, so I answered specifically two areas that fit the price range. I did not say all of Carrolwood, But of course you said I was crazy.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Well duh, I am very familiar with Carrolwood. The OP asked about a price range that he was looking for, so I answered specifically two areas that fit the price range. I did not say all of Carrolwood, But of course you said I was crazy.
Right, so you pointed the OP toward two super crappy areas. Helpful.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:09 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
Right, so you pointed the OP toward two super crappy areas. Helpful.
That was the price range he asked for.. I am sure if I took a trip over there now I could find more. Its been over ten years but hows that area by Claywell Elementary School last I was there it was looking rough.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:17 PM

184 posts, read 244,728 times
I live in North Tampa, a small city named Temple Terrace. It's an "older" neighborhood and there should be lots of prices you could do. It is quiet and a well run city. We have lower taxes, get more services, and near a lot of useful businesses, etc. Like a lot of places, there is a "ring" of less desirable communities around us, but the city is so nice once you get out into the community, away from the intersection of 56th and Busch. Great Police and Fire dept's.

Just this morning the leaf/debri sweeper came around cleaning up the roads. A "vintage", great golf course and Hillsborough river run thru the area. Our recreational center has a great gym and you pay a one time, yearly membership which is below 200.00 yr. Ok, enough ! I do love TT, feels like a community. You can check it out by google earth, etc and get pics. THANKS for listening and all the best. deb

Old 02-05-2015, 07:45 PM

105 posts, read 135,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debnova View Post
I live in North Tampa, a small city named Temple Terrace. It's an "older" neighborhood and there should be lots of prices you could do. It is quiet and a well run city. We have lower taxes, get more services, and near a lot of useful businesses, etc. Like a lot of places, there is a "ring" of less desirable communities around us, but the city is so nice once you get out into the community, away from the intersection of 56th and Busch. Great Police and Fire dept's.

Just this morning the leaf/debri sweeper came around cleaning up the roads. A "vintage", great golf course and Hillsborough river run thru the area. Our recreational center has a great gym and you pay a one time, yearly membership which is below 200.00 yr. Ok, enough ! I do love TT, feels like a community. You can check it out by google earth, etc and get pics. THANKS for listening and all the best. deb
Deb, thanks for the info. What is your opinion of the 9900 block of Davis Rd.? Is that in a decent area? I was looking at some homes in TT and they all seem pretty reasonable with low taxes. Which direction(s) from 56th and Busch are good/bad? We're looking to relocate someday and are looking at many areas. But at the end of the day, it will probably depend on where we end up working! I see a potential job lead at IP is only 4 miles from Davis Rd. That would be a sweet commute! Lol!

Thanks!

Old 02-06-2015, 09:55 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
I would be extra careful with Temple Terrace area. Pretty much all houses are on the older side (smaller windows, low ceilings, outdated kitchens, older roofs and so on). Greco Middle school is just horrible.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:48 PM

216 posts, read 438,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Spring Hill, Florida has tons of inexpensive housing. Look there.
Beware of sinkholes...

Old 02-14-2015, 08:53 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
Brandon has crazy traffic and doesn't have a ton of unique things to do, but I would hardly classify it as "ghetto". The Brandon Westfield seems to have declined some over the past 5ish years but is still pretty nice. I would say as far as close to the city and safe that is as good as you can do. Perhaps there are some places in Hyde Park also but I doubt you'd find much there for under 200.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:04 AM

Brandon is my interpretation of hell - Endless, soulless low-level sprawl of chains, industrial parks, blight, zero culture, and stuffed full of people. It's a horrible place. It reminds me of Manassas, Virginia although even Manassas has some bright spots. I haven't found any in Brandon yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay