Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 02:14 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,375,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
ut to say its better than Michigan is false you have no idea the beauty of Michigan with all it's outdoor sports and beautyfull fresh water beaches and of course the upper peninsula and the mackinaw bridge.
Florida?=
http://www.jonra.com/wallpapers/images/wallpaper-4.jpg
Nah, Whitefish Bay on Michigans south shore of Lake Superior,most of which looks just like this.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:07 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,440,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
People love Tampa? Seems to me, as a native, most people dont really "love it" in any city. It's like they do it to be around folks like them (other NY'ers, foreigners, etc) or they are just so tired of the heat they move here. But I dont know too many people that "love" it here in FL, in all honesty.
Eh, I'm beginning to like Florida. I definitely don't love it, but there are some good things about this state. And I think I can begin to love living in FL. Only time will tell.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:07 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,134,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So the obvious question is, why would you choose to live in a place that you believe is not as good (in your opinion, again, a subjective viewpoint) as where you came from?
Because of what this person said ) Originally Posted by cmjones311
I'm going to guess because most of those people have lived other places worse than Florida and can see how great Tampa is in comparison. How many Ohio or Michigan people do you see running back home to Ohio and Michigan for reasons other than because their family and friends are there? Very few, because those who have made the move realize how much better Florida is. Those who have never lived outside of Florida have no clue how good they have it.

I said I'm here just because of the weather I did not say Michigan is better than Florida this other people said that people who moved here from Michigan saying how much better Florida is to Michigan this is just his opinion, not all the people from Michigan. Weather yes Florida is better in the winter time only but Michigan is a great state to live in untill the snow comes. But when I was younger I loved the winter time in Michigan.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:19 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,915,282 times
Not only does everyone have a different view of ideal weather, often a person's weather likes/dislikes change as they age.

Grew up in NE PA; used to snow ski, cross-country ski, ice skate. Moved to DC Metro for marriage and career; my job required me to show up for work no matter the weather so I came to hate snow and ice roads.

Retirement took us to AZ and Central Mexico, the latter's climate rated as #2 on the planet by National Geographic. Two years ago, eldercare issues back in DC-Metro required our attention (and still does); those flights from Tucson and Guadalajara were getting too often and they are long and expensive.

After 10 years of living in warm climates post-retirement, we simply had to find a warm venue on the East Coast. Florida was pretty much 'it.' I was apprehensive about moving to FL, as I still had that God's Waiting Room view of life in Florida.

I'll admit when I'm wrong....the Greater St. Pete area is NOT for oldsters; there are more hipsters than grey-hairs these days. And, Tampa Int'l Airport is a godsend for quick and cheap non-stops to DCA.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:22 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,134,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Florida?=
http://www.jonra.com/wallpapers/images/wallpaper-4.jpg
Nah, Whitefish Bay on Michigans south shore of Lake Superior,most of which looks just like this.
No one swims in lake superior to cold, put up pictures of people enjoying the beaches along the other great lakes.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:39 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,945,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Eh, I'm beginning to like Florida. I definitely don't love it, but there are some good things about this state. And I think I can begin to love living in FL. Only time will tell.
Oh, i dont dislike it. but I'm realistic. its far from perfect, and imo, there are better places to live, not hating just being honest.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:42 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,440,746 times
Quote:
Oh, i dont dislike it. but I'm realistic. its far from perfect, and imo, there are better places to live, not hating just being honest.
Yeah, you definitely have to be realistic about it. Making the decision to relocate back to Florida was definitely a hard one. I'm in a position right now where I could move anywhere in the country if I wanted to. I just know that Tampa isn't the city for me, even within Florida.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:59 PM

14,974 posts, read 12,191,568 times
Quote:
People love Tampa? Seems to me, as a native, most people dont really "love it" in any city. It's like they do it to be around folks like them (other NY'ers, foreigners, etc) or they are just so tired of the heat they move here. But I dont know too many people that "love" it here in FL, in all honesty.
Then I guess you just have not met any of these folks who do love it here.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:51 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,945,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Then I guess you just have not met any of these folks who do love it here.
Been here a long time lol. I'm not saying they dont like it, but I dont know anyone who really expresses that they love it here.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:06 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,924,822 times
Quote:
Been here a long time lol. I'm not saying they dont like it, but I dont know anyone who really expresses that they love it here.
Come on over to our house and get to know us. Then you will know people who love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay