Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 08:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
This is true, and it shows through their behaviors. They don't socialize, they don't even wave "Hi", they rush to see who can close the garage door faster, and they brought nothing from up there with them. If you go around Brooklyn for example, there are like 100 delicious bakeries, but do any of them care to bring them down here? Nope. They act entitled in traffic, an example would be when they see someone turing their signal on to turn in a lane, and after they been coasting nonchalantly for several minutes impeding the traffic behind them, all of the sudden they speed up just to not let the person move in the other lane....constantly cut at the bumper...parents at school act all entitled and don't make eye contact with those already here...and so forth. They don't care for "TAMPA" the city/or surroundings, they couldn't give to $hits about it...they care and are "happy" that they don't have to mow snow, and live in those tiny old places that are falling on them. (Yeah, we've seen some of the homes up north through our travels and its dilapidation central). They crowd the beaches, they bring jet ski's where they shouldn't disturbing everyone else who's there to relax and have a nice calm day, and they continue to smoke and throw cigarette butts all over these beaches they say they love so much!

There is a level of hypocrisy that we can see right through unfortunately. These people don't care for their community, passed paying those HOA fees, none offer to lend a hand to someone when they need help, and they don't care to improve or beautify the city further either! Some who continuously praise it here do it because 1. They need to "justify" their move, and 2. They have a need for approval. If you take a closer look at their behavior they do nothing but isolate themselves in their new bubbles.

Behaviors speak a lot louder than words.
Heads up,Those relocating to Fla can expect this type of negative attitude from many., obviously living in paradise doesnt always equate to a friendly disposition to your fellow American.To many you'll probably always be considered one of the "they/them" demographic rather than the one of the "we/us" demographic a veritable Alien/foreigner/interloper right in your own country.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:48 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,151,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Oh, i dont dislike it. but I'm realistic. its far from perfect, and imo, there are better places to live, not hating just being honest.
Here is another transplant that loves it here although I fell in love with in 1972, reinforced that in 75 and again in 77 though the relocation didnt happen until 1988.

Spent 17 years in Orlando and now out on the west coast to be closer to the water, something I thrive on. When we sold the house in Orlando in 2005 we could have relocated anywhere in the country. We knew we wanted to stay in FL and enjoyed the Nature Coast we which we discovered in the early 90's.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
FL is a love/hate state.
Where isnt?

Old 05-25-2015, 08:54 AM

Have you ever considered the reason you are continuously rejected is you and not them?

Your prejudice shines like a new dime.

prejudice: preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Quote:
This is true, and it shows through their behaviors. They don't socialize, they don't even wave "Hi", they rush to see who can close the garage door faster, and they brought nothing from up there with them. If you go around Brooklyn for example, there are like 100 delicious bakeries, but do any of them care to bring them down here? Nope. They act entitled in traffic, an example would be when they see someone turing their signal on to turn in a lane, and after they been coasting nonchalantly for several minutes impeding the traffic behind them, all of the sudden they speed up just to not let the person move in the other lane....constantly cut at the bumper...parents at school act all entitled and don't make eye contact with those already here...and so forth. They don't care for "TAMPA" the city/or surroundings, they couldn't give to $hits about it...they care and are "happy" that they don't have to mow snow, and live in those tiny old places that are falling on them. (Yeah, we've seen some of the homes up north through our travels and its dilapidation central). They crowd the beaches, they bring jet ski's where they shouldn't disturbing everyone else who's there to relax and have a nice calm day, and they continue to smoke and throw cigarette butts all over these beaches they say they love so much!

There is a level of hypocrisy that we can see right through unfortunately. These people don't care for their community, passed paying those HOA fees, none offer to lend a hand to someone when they need help, and they don't care to improve or beautify the city further either! Some who continuously praise it here do it because 1. They need to "justify" their move, and 2. They have a need for approval. If you take a closer look at their behavior they do nothing but isolate themselves in their new bubbles.

Behaviors speak a lot louder than words.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
and they brought nothing from up there with them. If you go around Brooklyn for example, there are like 100 delicious bakeries, but do any of them care to bring them down here? Nope. .
I can vouch for them bringing down many good NY style Pizza places, and i'm sure if you look there will be many good bakeries maned by northern transplants.
Instead of griping why not try out a few=
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...eries+tampa+fl

Old 05-25-2015, 10:24 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,021,082 times
The thing I find most humorous about people who speak negatively about Tampa are how many of them have never been to Tampa. They characterize the city based on the suburbs. Problem #1 when discussing "Tampa."

Old 05-25-2015, 10:43 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,207,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
The thing I find most humorous about people who speak negatively about Tampa are how many of them have never been to Tampa. They characterize the city based on the suburbs. Problem #1 when discussing "Tampa."
Your obsession of trying to define the technical boundaries of Tampa in every thread is mind boggling. As long as people aren't talking about places like Spring Hill when they refer to Tampa, adjoining suburbs are ok for me. let it go man!

Old 05-25-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Your obsession of trying to define the technical boundaries of Tampa in every thread is mind boggling. As long as people aren't talking about places like Spring Hill when they refer to Tampa, adjoining suburbs are ok for me. let it go man!
While Spring Hill is a part of the Tampa Bay MSA, it is certainly unlike the city of Tampa. 45 miles away is not a stone's throw.

I can understand Spring Hill being in a MSA as everywhere has to be represented statistically but perhaps the Homosassa Springs MSA would be a better choice.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:03 AM

This should answer the question....
Attached Thumbnails
Anytime someone says something negative about Tampa...-tpa.jpg  

Old 05-25-2015, 11:24 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,429,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I characterize the city based on the city and the city alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay