Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 01:28 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,151,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
If you like this crappy heat and no rain then i am happy for ya.
You are independently wealthy - Why arent u a snowbird an escape the summer?

Old 07-06-2015, 01:32 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
When MIL hears that you're excited to be leaving she may be thinking you're excited to get away from her. I'd have toned down the "paradise" thing a little and the celebration that you're leaving a hellhole/dump.

I haven't followed the entire drama of this move. I know there's been multiple threads on the topic - and this is just CDF.....I can imagine there's been 1000x more drama at the homefront over all of this and granny is just about fed up with hearing about it all.
Why are you attacking the OP? Stop it.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:40 PM

676 posts, read 1,272,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
As we enter our last week in Buffalo before my son, daughter and I join my wife in Tampa, its become even more crystal clear that no one, including friends and family are truly happy for us.

We have been listening to the comments for months but this weekend it continued. We had a party to celebrate our daughters HS graduation, sons college graduation and our move. My wife came back into town for the party, the first time she had been back since March, yet the snarky comments continued.

Even those that say "Good Luck" have to follow up with "I hope it works out"

Then there's "My neighbor moved to Florida last year and hates it"

Or the popular "You know its hot in Florida" "There's bugs in Florida", "It rains a lot in Florida", "Traffics bad in Florida"............WTF people, enough

My mother - law has been one of the worst, never supporting us from the beginning and of course it continued at the party. My wife was talking to a friend and made the comment "we'll be living the dream" . My mother in law sitting a few feet away, stood up, threw her hands in the air and said " I cant listen to this talk anymore" and stormed off.

Then the constant family insinuations that we're trying to "Get Out" , whatever that means.

Anyways thanks for letting me vent, I don't understand why people just cant be happy for us.
Rudy, they are jealous. Just wait. The same people will want to come visit you during winter. And, winters in Buffalo are wicked.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:46 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Why are you attacking the OP?
Granny isn't here to defend herself. Get lost.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:46 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,450,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
As we enter our last week in Buffalo before my son, daughter and I join my wife in Tampa, its become even more crystal clear that no one, including friends and family are truly happy for us.

We have been listening to the comments for months but this weekend it continued. We had a party to celebrate our daughters HS graduation, sons college graduation and our move. My wife came back into town for the party, the first time she had been back since March, yet the snarky comments continued.

Even those that say "Good Luck" have to follow up with "I hope it works out"

Then there's "My neighbor moved to Florida last year and hates it"

Or the popular "You know its hot in Florida" "There's bugs in Florida", "It rains a lot in Florida", "Traffics bad in Florida"............WTF people, enough

My mother - law has been one of the worst, never supporting us from the beginning and of course it continued at the party. My wife was talking to a friend and made the comment "we'll be living the dream" . My mother in law sitting a few feet away, stood up, threw her hands in the air and said " I cant listen to this talk anymore" and stormed off.

Then the constant family insinuations that we're trying to "Get Out" , whatever that means.

Anyways thanks for letting me vent, I don't understand why people just cant be happy for us.
Jealousy, they are stuck in NY!

Old 07-06-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBeachRetiree View Post
Rudy, they are jealous. Just wait. The same people will want to come visit you during winter. And, winters in Buffalo are wicked.
or possibly they'll be called upon to fix their mess or at least listen to their complaints when all isn't the "paradise" that was expected ----how many people on this message board complain about how Florida isn't what they've expected? We see it all the time, don't we?

Old 07-06-2015, 01:52 PM

676 posts, read 1,272,987 times
Quote:
or possibly they'll be called upon to fix their mess or at least listen to their complaints when all isn't the "paradise" that was expected ----how many people on this message board complain about how Florida isn't what they've expected? We see it all the time, don't we?
I think that the more research you do and the more questions you ask, the less likely you are to be disappointed. It also helps to make sure that you understand all the expenses and have them well covered in your budget.

At times, even I wish it was a little cooler or a little less humid. But, I am adjusting and the main thing is - my wife loves it here and she is thriving.

Happy wife, happy life. Yessir!

Old 07-06-2015, 02:11 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You are independently wealthy - Why arent u a snowbird an escape the summer?
I have a sick person to take care of.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
If you like this crappy heat and no rain then i am happy for ya.
yeah, hope it works out.......

Old 07-06-2015, 03:10 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
yeah, hope it works out.......
2 months of a reverse west windflow will change their minds. We are gonna see a repeat of 2006 when i got 4" of rain for the whole summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay