Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 08:27 PM

17 posts, read 19,382 times

Advertisements

Can Hillsborough County Police Officers ware their uniforms while their off duty? Also, can Hillsborough County Police Officers travel to other counties in full uniform while on or off duty? This officer is District 1 police officer and I would like to know what are the rules and regulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 09:06 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
Your question doesn't make much sense. Police officers work for the city, Sheriff's Deputies work for the county.
You questioned if a "Hillsborough County Police Officer" can wear there uniform off duty.
I think you mean "Hillsborough County Sheriffs Deputy".
Yes, they can wear there uniform off duty, they can even work a security job wearing it off duty.
It doesn't matter which District the Deputy works in.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Your question doesn't make much sense. Police officers work for the city, Sheriff's Deputies work for the county.
You questioned if a "Hillsborough County Police Officer" can wear there uniform off duty.
I think you mean "Hillsborough County Sheriffs Deputy".
Yes, they can wear there uniform off duty, they can even work a security job wearing it off duty.
It doesn't matter which District the Deputy works in.
Sheriffs Deputy or Police Officer is the same thing to me. But there is still one question that is unanswered. The second question is, can a Hillsborough County District 1 Sheriff's Officer travel to another county like Pinellas or Lake or Pasco in their uniform?

Last edited by jman19721213; 07-10-2015 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: forgot to add a little detail.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:36 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I don't know the answer but it sounds weird to me if an officer has to go to another County and has to go to a bathroom to change clothes and enter the other County...

To me my common sense says the officer can show up in his official work clothes in another county but as stated I don't know the exact answer.

Most Counties have different clothes and police cars or at least different badges or markings on their clothes so it will already make clear to the public that the cop is not working in that County.

And btw we have cops who live in Pasco and work in Pinellas or Hillsborough and they always leave in their work car and working clothes on so I really believe it is allowed.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:43 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,598,937 times
Also they will travel to other counties if transporting someone for any reason. I dont see why they couldn't wear it. I am not sure what issue is, if they are trying to act in an offical way as in pulling someone over in a different county that might be different but just wearing the uniform I am sure is fine.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:17 AM

Well, I m going to find out this week coming up. As soon as I know you guys and gals will know.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:24 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,190 times
Get to the point here...what is the situation at hand?

Old 07-11-2015, 02:55 PM

I cannot say because it's still an open case but I am going to get to the bottom of this and expose the liar of the whole thing.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:51 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
I see various county deputies in uniform and in their marked cars outside "their" county all the time.

A Pasco deputy lives down the street from me. His patrol car is in the driveway every night.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:49 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
I have two Hillsborough Sherriff's that live down the block from me. I live in Pasco.They take their cars home and are in uniform. I also have two Tampa Detectives that take their unmarked cars home here as well. Its a perk that they give cops here. They get the take home cars. They also are responsible for that vehicle and don't beat the crap out of it. And yeah what is a cop supposed to do? As soon as they hit county line get undressed lol? PS I am happy that we have all the law enforcement where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: