Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 07:47 PM

5 posts, read 4,707 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone. Living in N GA. Raised in FL Cape Coral 12 years, Orlando 13 years and Largo 2 years. I desperately want to move back but get scared every time I move forward with the idea. I would like to be 30-45 away from the coast with a country setting. We own a baking supply company ran from home so we need to set up shop on the property. I am 40 and no kids. N GA living is beautiful and cheap but I HATE ticks, Chronic Lyme here. One of our biggest disturbers in located in GA so we can pick up supplies instead of paying for S/H but I hate it here I am sad and bored. I have not left yet to due increased cost fears and ruining my business which I don't believe will happen. Thanks for letting me unload and despite my fears I have to get back to FL and the ocean that I miss so much. I need a few suggestions of country areas with small land and a small house around $200K or so. Also anything other cities that have a country setting where 1/2 acre is affordable please chime in PLEASE. I want to stay close to Tampa/Orlando due to familiarity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 12:42 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,078,831 times
Maybe Parrish? I sold some land to friends who built their own stables on land - it may still be affordable.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,424 times
Default Continued. . . Winter Springs

Not sure what happened to my first post. . .sorry if a repeat.

Winter Springs and Lake Mary are NE of Orlando and have appeared in Money Magazines Best Cities list. Oviedo is in between and has a country-like setting and is very community oriented. For a real country feel, check out Geneva!

I live in Winter Springs which I love for the green areas, lots of trees, parks, and easy access to any store, service, or amenity that one could want within a 5- to 6 mile radius. Beaches are easily 45 min. (New Symrna Beach) to an hour away (Daytona to the N and Cocoa Beach to the E).

I live in Oak Forest where there are modest home lots but because my house backs up to an 8 mile+ conservation area we hear barred owls, have been visited by a black bear, raccoons, and a cougar and see Hawks daily. Kites and Eagles are often around as well.

Lot sizes vary even within the same sub-division. A friend of mine just purchased a home with a one acre lot in the older unit of Oak Forest. Tuskawilla offers older homes on substantial lots but most of these homes require updating as they were built between the 60's to 80's.

Because Winter Springs is so close to Orlando, check out the potential customer base for your business. This area is known for the density of restaurants and tourist attractions. I don't think you could find a more happening place without compromising your desire for a quiet home setting!

Last edited by LJK10; 07-30-2015 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: added info.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 688 times
We moved to Lakeland from Charleston SC, last December, and we love it! I recommend south Lakeland as your future home, homes here are more in a country setting, and have plenty of land. Of course the closer you get to downtown houses get more expensive and less land.

Lakeland is pretty much half way between Tampa and Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay