Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:27 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropper111 View Post
So you guys don't ever go to S Tampa to hang out? I mean where else do you hang out? It is the coolest place in Tampa
Nope. No interest in it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 08:42 AM

745 posts, read 801,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropper111 View Post
So you guys don't ever go to S Tampa to hang out? I mean where else do you hang out? It is the coolest place in Tampa
No, i'm not single or in my 20's... or in my 50's looking to cheat on my wife with a 20 something...

I have no reason to go to South Tampa... even if I did shop or visit there, I shouldnt be on the hook for fixing their problems

Old 08-03-2015, 08:52 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Officials say Miami Beach pumps are temporary fix to flooding | News - Home

$15 million worth of pumps placed throughout city "Last year, we had water up to knees – it was all over the place," said Florida International University professor Robert Gutsche. "The city is now doing a wonderful job."

So there can be some relief. I moved away-as I worked close westshore sometimes take me over 1 hour to travel 8 miles to work in car- should have bought a kayak--

Old 08-03-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

$15 million worth of pumps placed throughout city "Last year, we had water up to knees – it was all over the place," said Florida International University professor Robert Gutsche. "The city is now doing a wonderful job."

So there can be some relief. I moved away-as I worked close westshore sometimes take me over 1 hour to travel 8 miles to work in car- should have bought a kayak--
And they are denying climate change...

Old 08-03-2015, 09:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

maybe residents of the city limits ought to be taxed to pay for such equipment to clear out their streets once every couple of years when they get flooded......

Old 08-03-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
maybe residents of the city limits ought to be taxed to pay for such equipment to clear out their streets once every couple of years when they get flooded......
No... local residents should be charged. This is not a city-wide issue. People locally affected should have to pay for these improvements.

If I choose wisely to build a home in a high area away from flooding with good infrastructure, why should I pay to subsidize someone who purposely chose to live in an area known for flooding?

That would be like making me, who lives in Westchase, pay for something built down in Ruskin, just because I am a resident of Hillsborough County...

Old 08-03-2015, 10:03 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I agree. Just add 4k a year to their prop tax bill. Let them pay to live in rich land.
It's either 4k a year for S Tampa residents or $10 county wide, which makes most sense?. It's not like we can stop all the through traffic we get from people going from mcdill or westshore to all points. At the end of the day most S Tampa residents figure out which roads to avoid fairly quick so I could care less if anything it gives me an excuse to go to work late and leave early.
The funny thing is if they started issuing resident stickers so all others have to pay for parking or a local payroll tax people from other parts of Tampa would be up on arms.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
It's either 4k a year for S Tampa residents or $10 county wide, which makes most sense?. It's not like we can stop all the through traffic we get from people going from mcdill or westshore to all points. At the end of the day most S Tampa residents figure out which roads to avoid fairly quick so I could care less if anything it gives me an excuse to go to work late and leave early.
The funny thing is if they started issuing resident stickers so all others have to pay for parking or a local payroll tax people from other parts of Tampa would be up on arms.
Unless you are a resident, you would have no reason to park on residential streets...

Westshore is a state road, MacDill is not. So there is some differences. And no, countywide residents should not be paying for South Tampa flooding...

Old 08-03-2015, 11:50 AM

299 posts, read 378,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
And they are denying climate change...

Here comes the climate change wacko's. Its hot climate change, its cold climate change, it rains climate change, it snows climate change, The climate is in a constant state of change and has been for millions of years. It is rain caused by a low pressure system. It happens and will happen again.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:55 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times

Gators starting to show up in the oddest places w/ the floods
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay