Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 08:04 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times

Advertisements

County struggles with transportation issues after state changes developer

"After 90 public meetings — 54 just since the first of this year all around the county, listening to specific problems of residents — county staff has listed ways to alleviate the worst problems that have resulted in making Hillsborough County the 11th worst for congestion in the U.S."

Welcome, new residents! Hope ya like car exhaust. But don't worry, there'll be plenty of happy talk to offset it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 09:10 AM

676 posts, read 1,272,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
County struggles with transportation issues after state changes developer

"After 90 public meetings — 54 just since the first of this year all around the county, listening to specific problems of residents — county staff has listed ways to alleviate the worst problems that have resulted in making Hillsborough County the 11th worst for congestion in the U.S."

Welcome, new residents! Hope ya like car exhaust. But don't worry, there'll be plenty of happy talk to offset it.
Compared to Atlanta, Tampa traffic is a breeze. Southshore can be inconvenient at times, but, again, compared to traveling on Dallas/Marietta highway during rush hour, traffic here is not bad at all. Planning for growth is obviously a good thing.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:21 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBeachRetiree View Post
Compared to Atlanta, Tampa traffic is a breeze. Southshore can be inconvenient at times, but, again, compared to traveling on Dallas/Marietta highway during rush hour, traffic here is not bad at all. Planning for growth is obviously a good thing.
How does that help you? Do we have to wait until its the worst traffic in the world before you can say its bad, there is always going to be a worse place for any category.
Personally I cant believe all the opposition for the 1 cent tax surcharge, or even the 1/2 cent, who's budget is that going to hurt that extra .5 cent.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:32 AM

676 posts, read 1,272,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
How does that help you? Do we have to wait until its the worst traffic in the world before you can say its bad, there is always going to be a worse place for any category.
Personally I cant believe all the opposition for the 1 cent tax surcharge, or even the 1/2 cent, who's budget is that going to hurt that extra .5 cent.
I avoid Big Bend Over during the morning rush period.

I get tired of all the new "little" taxes. I pay far too much already, thank you.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:

I get tired of all the new "little" taxes. I pay far too much already, thank you.
That's the point of the article, more or less. The lobbyists for the developers have their meathooks into the state legislature but good. Builders and developers are making a fortune in the state and then get to dump their crappy products on the taxpayers. So we get taxed and fee-ed to death to make up the damage that the developers and their paid politicians cause. These builders and developers should have been paying for this all along, but see what happened?

Privatize the profits and socialize the expenses. And that's just part one of the royal screwing. It gets better.

The bribed politicians in Tallahassee justify their treasonous actions against their constituents by yelling about "Jobs, jobs, jobs!" What jobs? Oh, wait, you mean all the construction work that goes to illegal aliens for jack squat wages? So much for the jobs (except for the big swinging d*ck project managers). But now comes the BEST part. As a taxpayer, YOU subsidize those workers AND their families, one way or another. Housing (South Hillsborough alone has FIVE, count 'em, FIVE subsidized housing complexes where these people live, three of them complete with swimming pools, tot lots and jitneys to take them to doctor's appointments and work. And that's just what I know about). Education and free lunch for the kiddies. Free or low cost health care, courtesy of the county.

And of course, when these crappily constructed homes start leaking and falling apart, Home Depot and Lowe's are there to help! You're spending money, paying sales tax on that crappy stuff to fix a crappy home! Life's good! Florida's economy is BOOMING! But not for you. Heck, YOU have to wait ten minutes or more just to get out on the road from your community.

Yeah, this is how they blackmail people into paying more tax.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:29 AM

240 posts, read 286,933 times
Quote:
That's the problem, they don't plan. The passing of that law was bad news was for Florida. Developers don't care, they usually come from other states, make their money then they're out of here. Leaving a mess for the residents to deal with. They should have to pay for new roads before they are allowed to build.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterK View Post
That's the problem, they don't plan. The passing of that law was bad news was for Florida. Developers don't care, they usually come from other states, make their money then they're out of here. Leaving a mess for the residents to deal with. They should have to pay for new roads before they are allowed to build.
Amen! Big Bend is a disaster.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:47 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:

You are basically saying "no because no". I pay too much already I dont care what is for, what the benefits are, any type of cost/benefit analysis goes out the window because no.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:59 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
I come from Long Island. Yeah there is traffic here in Hillsborough. Its nothing compared to NY!!!!

Old 08-31-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I come from Long Island. Yeah there is traffic here in Hillsborough. Its nothing compared to NY!!!!
Well, by golly, we need to get busy and catch up! Won't be long, though, because youse guys just keep on comin'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay