Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:24 AM

35,077 posts, read 31,313,313 times

Advertisements

I have a reasonably strong shot at getting an offer at a firm in the Rocky Point area. I was just there last week, and the office itself is on a relatively small island. Getting in and out of there, even outside of typical rush hour, was difficult, and was a lot worse when I left that office at 5:30. The job would be on an off-peak shift so traffic should be better, but I don't want to base how far I live off of a max time during off-peak hours.

With that said, I'm willing to tolerate a commute of up to an hour each way during peak hours. I'm looking for a suburban area with good amenities (nice dining, don't care about the club scene), hopefully a half hour or so from beaches on the weekend. I'm looking for 1 (hopefully 2BR) up to $1000.

Where would you go under these conditions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 10:25 AM

369 posts, read 844,226 times
Have a look at Beachwalk, Bay Pointe, and Spinnaker Cove. All waterfront condo's next to each other and close to everything.
You are working on Courtney Campbell Causeway, right?

Old 11-24-2015, 10:25 AM

440 posts, read 596,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I have a reasonably strong shot at getting an offer at a firm in the Rocky Point area. I was just there last week, and the office itself is on a relatively small island. Getting in and out of there, even outside of typical rush hour, was difficult, and was a lot worse when I left that office at 5:30. The job would be on an off-peak shift so traffic should be better, but I don't want to base how far I live off of a max time during off-peak hours.

With that said, I'm willing to tolerate a commute of up to an hour each way during peak hours. I'm looking for a suburban area with good amenities (nice dining, don't care about the club scene), hopefully a half hour or so from beaches on the weekend. I'm looking for 1 (hopefully 2BR) up to $1000.

Where would you go under these conditions?
So i work and live in the Rocky Point area and i know that traffic during rush hours are pretty bad, but worse after 5pm especially if you are traveling on the Vet or getting onto 275, its a nightmare. That's kind of the reason i moved to Rocky Point just to avoid all that traffic and plus it's nice because i'm right on the water, however it's not very suburban how you prefer.
My other option was Safety Harbor right across the Causeway. If it wasn't for my job switching to New Tampa, i would have most likely bought a house there. So you might want to take a look there and in that area because the Causeway seems to be less congested during rush hour, but God forbid there's an accident on it then you'll be waiting awhile to get off of it. Good luck!

Old 11-24-2015, 10:35 AM

769 posts, read 830,083 times
Dana Shores is close and nice

Old 11-24-2015, 12:20 PM

62 posts, read 98,050 times
While I'm no expert, only having visited TB four times so far, Rocky Point has become my favorite area in the city. Mostly because of the water views and its upscale, almost suburban feel. If beach access is important to you too, it's just a straight 30 min. shot into either CWB or SPB, barring traffic. So have you considered eliminating your daily commute altogether and actually living in Rocky Point?

Old 11-24-2015, 01:04 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,313,313 times
I only saw one complex there, and it looked $$$.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:08 PM

769 posts, read 830,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I only saw one complex there, and it looked $$$.
Yeah, hella expensive. Plus it's far as hell to any sort of grocery store, no gas stations or drug stores nearby, etc

Old 11-24-2015, 02:33 PM

101 posts, read 113,998 times
$1000 is a tough price point in Tampa these days. You're not going to find anything near international for that price. Maybe the apartments on the other side of the bridge in Clearwater/ Safety harbor?

Then again, you did say up to 1 hour commute (which i think is nuts). There should be plenty of apartments off Westshore/ Hillsborough/Memorial that you could get into for a grand.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:03 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,136 times
Here are some apartments in the named price point in Safety Harbor:

Safety Harbor Apartments | Twenty-35 Safety Harbor | Oldmsar

I'm not sure you can get a rental on Rocky Point for $1000. That area is very pricey.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:15 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Here are some apartments in the named price point in Safety Harbor:

Safety Harbor Apartments | Twenty-35 Safety Harbor | Oldmsar

I'm not sure you can get a rental on Rocky Point for $1000. That area is very pricey.
That is a nice area to live if you are going to be working there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay