Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 04:20 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

what was today's thing? the judge agreed he felt threatened?? DANG if he goes free - old geezers should no longer go to movies theaters--- -- really - theaters are rowdy... kids are not safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 04:43 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what was today's thing? the judge agreed he felt threatened?? DANG if he goes free - old geezers should no longer go to movies theaters--- -- really - theaters are rowdy... kids are not safe!
from the police officer's testimony, sounded like the dead guy was pretty confrontational and in their face

Old 03-01-2017, 05:06 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
I wished they were all dead. Sick of dealing with it on the news. I hit FF so fast everytime i see that crap.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:13 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
from the police officer's testimony, sounded like the dead guy was pretty confrontational and in their face
I got that, but did not deserve a death penalty. If it was anyone besides a 30 year ret policeman, I can see threat. I know he was trained and seasoned to diffuse. He did not think if I pull my weapon I'll kill or hurt someone??? I have a gun, if I pull it , I better have a good reason. Maybe he was on meds. But manslaughter if nothing else. I do not like the stand your ground law. Self defense is ok, this other law is crap. I can be a scary kat and kill everyone in the neiborhood because I'm not liked! the man thought his authority ruled, and went overboard,,, a sin of pride and ego

Old 03-01-2017, 05:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Should be interesting. His story does not compute. No indication he was hit by the phone or anything other than popcorn. He does not remember the popcorn. No indication the other guy was trying to get over the seat. The cop present said no and the tape does not show him trying to climb over. Wife indicated he did not need to shoot the guy though she claims not now.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:26 AM
KPB KPB started this thread

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Should be interesting. His story does not compute. No indication he was hit by the phone or anything other than popcorn. He does not remember the popcorn. No indication the other guy was trying to get over the seat. The cop present said no and the tape does not show him trying to climb over. Wife indicated he did not need to shoot the guy though she claims not now.
He's lying, the judge isn't gonna buy it. The cop (witness) who has no reason to lie is an excellent witness for the state.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:32 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
I want it to be over.
This case is really an example and need to be broadcasted widely to show angry people they need to learn how to deal with their attitude. This old retired office felt the danger over pop corn... right... He needs to go to jail. There is no excuse to use gun over argument you created yourself.
People with lack of anger management control can provoke the fight and deal with it. And this is exactly what happened... People like this killer will have no problem killing kids at the grocery store by the registry if kids will be loud or inconvenient to them... People who think they can control everything because they have a gun must be in jail!!!

How is the widow's lawsuit against theater going? I would hate to see this theater closed... Do not support her lawyer's decision to go after theater when it's totally shooters fault...

Old 03-02-2017, 10:04 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
What on earth will it take for people to understand that Reeves did not exercise his right to use deadly force because of popcorn.

Fact: Oulson was upset after he learned Reeves reported him to management.

Fact: From the time Reeves took his seat after returning from his contact with management Reeves poised no threat upon Oulson

Fact: Oiulson launched a verbal attack upon Reeves.

Fact: Oulson forcibly snatched the popcorn from Reeves' hands.

Fact: Oulson forcibly threw a deadly missille at Reeves.

Fact: Oulson put himself in a position to lunge at Reeves.

Fact: Reeves was in fear of bodily injury from Oulson.

Fact: Ms. Oulson put her hand in front of her husband in an attempt to stop him from advancing at Reeves.

Fact: Reeves used deadly force to protect himself from bodily harm in accordance with Florida law.

All the chatter about Reeves being anything besides a law abiding citizen is unsubstantiated fantasy as there is zero evidence showing any defects in his personality ln the 71 years of life. If Oulson was a minority, with or without a wife or child the public would have never heard of this matter.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:23 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
So far from what I've seen it's not looking well for the killer... I am glad you can watch it live.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:03 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Who cares. Just take it off the air blare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay