Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 10:10 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Its really not that cold you guy's
I tried to tell them that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 10:27 AM

37 posts, read 38,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For those of us going through winter up north topics like these come across as nothing but satire..
I was just about to say the same thing! This time last year I was dealing with snowstorms. This, I can handle. I guess in a year or so I might have changed my tune to the sad, chilly trombone.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:30 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,054 times
It is not satire, Jambo!! We are cold......!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2016, 02:26 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,338,239 times
I find it funny how folks move here from up north and nothing here is cold, "this is nothing, jeans and t-shirt weather." However when I actually lived up north for years when it hit the 60's in late September everyone broke out their fall clothes and sweaters. By Halloween when the nights hit 50's/40's people wore jackets, scarves, etc.....so yes, this is cold. It was in the low 40's/high 30's this morning in Central Florida. That's cold here, that's cold in New England, the midwest etc. So let's not pretend just because it's not sub-zero it's not cold. Below 60's just about everywhere I lived was considered cold, not freezing, but cold.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:59 PM

9 posts, read 7,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I find it funny how folks move here from up north and nothing here is cold, "this is nothing, jeans and t-shirt weather." However when I actually lived up north for years when it hit the 60's in late September everyone broke out their fall clothes and sweaters. By Halloween when the nights hit 50's/40's people wore jackets, scarves, etc.....so yes, this is cold. It was in the low 40's/high 30's this morning in Central Florida. That's cold here, that's cold in New England, the midwest etc. So let's not pretend just because it's not sub-zero it's not cold. Below 60's just about everywhere I lived was considered cold, not freezing, but cold.
I remember when my sister moved to central FL a few years back from Boston ironically right during a stretch where MA was seeing temps hover around zero to five degrees for over a week (cold spell), and her telling me how people were looking at her funny because it was 70 and she was in shorts and a tank top!

Does any area of FL actually escape the brutal Summer heat? And how do people dress for work?

Old 01-19-2016, 03:10 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogsRus View Post
Does any area of FL actually escape the brutal Summer heat? And how do people dress for work?
People dress the same. I wore shirt and tie when I worked in FL. It sucked!

Old 01-19-2016, 03:16 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,338,239 times
Quote:
I remember when my sister moved to central FL a few years back from Boston ironically right during a stretch where MA was seeing temps hover around zero to five degrees for over a week (cold spell), and her telling me how people were looking at her funny because it was 70 and she was in shorts and a tank top!

70s is pretty much perfect. That's time to get outside and enjoy the weather, play some flag football, go kayaking, beach etc. Most of us are still in tanks and shorts in the mid to high 70s, lower 70s our Florida blood might start show as we put on jeans at that point...hahaha.

Pretty much nothing south of DC escapes the summer heat and humidity. Weather your in DC, Charlotte, ATL, Birmingham, it's all oppressively hot and humid during the summer. The only relief is the ocean breeze if you can get close enough to it.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:54 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:

None of it does. It's nasty and hot in the whole state.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:36 PM
PDF

Freeze warning.

I'm sitting here laughing.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:57 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Its really not that cold you guy's
30's tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay