Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 11:24 AM

107 posts, read 110,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool4august View Post
thank you for the replies. what would be considered the new Tampa area on the map? wesley chapel looks nice. is new port richey a bad drive into Tampa? what about plant city area
Once Bearss and N 30th street merge into Bruce B Downs, from there up to County Line Rd would be considered new Tampa. Once you cross the County Line Road, you are in Wesley Chapel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 11:37 AM

9 posts, read 18,518 times
Thank You!!!

Old 07-07-2016, 03:01 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
If you're worried about setbacks and space, you're not going to be happy with any of the newer developments whether they be in Wesley Chapel, Riverview or elsewhere. These homes can be built almost on top of each other, although they're not zero lot line places. Density is high in the newer areas and you're not going to be able to escape this.

Plant City has a lot of open space if that's what you're looking for, but if schools are a concern that can be problematic.

I would avoid west Pasco, as it's hit or miss as far as the area. Lots of low income rentals, crime and related issues along US 19. Move further inland and this pretty much goes away.

RM

Old 07-07-2016, 04:46 PM

Plant City looks like a great location!

Old 07-07-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Plant City looks like a great location!
Plant City is an interesting place. You get rural and small town with relative closeness to a large metropolitan area. Homes are less expensive and you can find places that have a fairly decent amount of land if you want it.

That being said, it is sort of the buckle of the local Bible Belt as well, so be prepared. It's a very inclusive place if you live or work in town, where the first question that is often asked upon your introduction is, "What church do you go to?"

That's not a bad thing and I'm not being critical. I worked in Plant City, it was a wonderful place and the people were really great, but it was clear to me that I was not a local and was treated with some distance as a result.

There is a large Hispanic community due to the large amount of agriculture that takes place in and around the area. Some is migrant workers and others are locals who are there year 'round. This directly affects some of the schools and their enrollments, especially the elementary schools.

RM

Old 07-07-2016, 07:01 PM

LOL sounds interesting. this search is exhausting, especially from afar. what are your thoughts on Brandon?

Old 07-07-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
LOL sounds interesting. this search is exhausting, especially from afar. what are your thoughts on Brandon?
Brandon has its pluses and minuses. It's an older suburban area that deals with traffic and congestion along the major arterials, which is an issue. This is due mainly to uncontrolled growth over the last 15-20 years. There are areas around Brandon that are nice, but the area is primarily older (pre 1990s) as far as housing is concerned.

Given the choice, I would avoid Brandon.

RM

Old 07-08-2016, 03:23 AM

21 posts, read 26,449 times
Quote:
Id like to have a home that doesnt touch my neighbor.
Lakeland,Plant City,Mango,Seffner,Oldsmar,Lutz or Thonotosassa if thats what your looking for...Brandon/Bloomingdale/Valrico = Nightmare traffic

Old 07-08-2016, 08:52 AM

Is Lakeland into tampa a horrible drive. is I4 the primary route? tolls?

Old 07-08-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Is Lakeland into tampa a horrible drive. is I4 the primary route? tolls?
I-4 would be the primary route. Traffic is heavy during peak times.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay