Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 01:49 PM

6 posts, read 20,537 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know anything about living in Largo or a safe area nearby? I am coming to Largo for work and currently live in New Tampa (so anybody that lives here knows the haul that will become) I know nothing about Largo though...I am 43 and single and need to be in a safe place so I dont have to sleep with 1 eye open! (LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 11:34 AM

7 posts, read 17,094 times
Default Largo

Largo is mostly nice. I live in Largo and like it a lot. We live close to the beach, shopping, movies, restaurants, libraries. Largo also has a lovely park and cultural center. You could easily look for a home in Seminole, Clearwater, or Largo and have a pretty easy commute depending on where you work and which area you like. There are really no bad areas of Seminole to speak of, but there are bad sections of Largo and Clearwater. Hope this helps.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,939 times
Largo is a good organized Florida city with scheduled activities, its Pros are- it contains a great new library, Modern City fitness centers and athletic fields and a lot of shopping centers in strip malls. It has a Good location in middle of Pinellas County close to St Pete and Clearwater and the Airports and it is Easy to get to Tampa Area as well. It is also right next to the beautiful indian rocks and bellieair beaches, It is pretty affordable for being this close to the beach. Crime is not a real big problem here but there is a high rate of traffic accidents here. Cons there is really no downtown area, there is some rundown areas, between 113 and 119 off of Ulmerton, Missouri Avenue between Rosary and East Bay, Traffic on ulmerton Road and East Bay drive can be tough at rush hour, Lots of Older People even more than St pete and Clearwater if you are a college aged person or under 35 even I dont think Largo would be the place. The job market is mostly health care with the two Hospitals, numerous doctors offices and Dental Offices, There is Numerous Publix and small retail and fastfood stores that one works in and a lot of Telemarketing rooms tons of them so for anything else really you are looking to St Pete or Tampa. Overall Largo is not a bad city to live in a pretty organized City, close to bigger Cities and the beaches.

Last edited by pinellasexpert1; 07-15-2009 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: misspellin gs

Old 09-08-2016, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,190 times
Hi we may move to 118th terrace
Largo fl 33773 area
Anyone knows if it's safe with having a baby to live?

Old 09-08-2016, 11:08 AM

261 posts, read 261,117 times
Largo is not that bad I lived there 7 years and I would say it is ok overall compared to the nightmare Brandon/Riverview where I lived the last 3 years . it has one of the more better local governments in Tampa Bay. As previous posters stated Traffic is the main problem in Largo. It is very transient so crime in neighborhoods can vary and change in time.
Pinellas County is pretty much built out so what you see is pretty much what you get going forward. 33773 the address you mention I believe is kind of close to Starkey and Bryan Dairy Road. Those neighborhoods are not too bad over there. Starkey and Bryan Dairy can be accident prone however.

Last edited by paradiselost; 09-08-2016 at 11:22 AM..

Old 09-08-2016, 03:36 PM

232 posts, read 348,607 times
I just looked it up on a map. I think that will be a nice area. It's near Bardmoor.

I've always considered Largo to be pretty safe. It's not as rich as parts of Clearwater or St Pete. It's not as redneck as Pinellas Park. You're close to the beach and most events/festivals in the bigger cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay