Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 11:34 AM

136 posts, read 211,095 times

Advertisements

I like Halloween and seeing kids in costumes and passing out candy. I don't mind people who don't live in my neighborhood filling their van full of kids and bringing them over I am lucky to live in a place where people feel safe. I don't mind kids who are older knocking on my door even if they don't have a costume because they are just having fun. What I do mind is when kids reach into my candy container especially when they are in a group reaching over smaller kids or when they see I have a couple of different types of candy and they see me handing everyone a piece of each different type of candy and they tell me they want 3 of this but none of that. I have even had kids requesting different candy then what I am handing out. I hand out fun sized candy (not the super small kind) and give everybody a couple of different kinds. I expect a quick thanks and for them to be on their way but many kids are less than polite. I even had older kids in a group of younger kids say that I forgot them...bad example for their younger siblings. Anybody else have issues like this? Maybe I am too old to be handing out candy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 12:06 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Do you hand out candy in costume? Give them a distraction to avoid such annoyances?

Old 10-31-2016, 12:57 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times

Old 10-31-2016, 01:22 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
My lights will be off dwight.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:35 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
It happened to us tonight too when some kids were not too happy with certain candies. When little one were asking to switch to another kind I didn't mind. When older kids did (teenagers +) I found it a little awkward.
We had adults going from house to house today and asking for candies (wearing costumes) - very weird to be honest. We had some adults wearing inappropriate costumes and walking about with open containers - not something I appreciated much.
I am happy it's over!!!

Old 11-01-2016, 09:00 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,826,679 times
Real light this year.. Doorbell rang ten times, with eighteen kids total.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:51 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,993 times
Is it possible the kid could be allergic to peanuts so avoids a Snickers but maybe asks for a 3 Musketeers instead?

Look, I hear your complaints...reaching into the container is disrespectful and should be corrected on the spot, but is it really that big of a deal? They are kids and they are excited; you are one of many strangers homes they will visit that night and likely never seen again. I wouldn't sweat it.

At least you get trick-or-treaters. My wife has bought candy, swept the porch and made it inviting...3 years in a row and not a single visitor.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:33 AM

203 posts, read 310,834 times
I always try and hide the piece of candy in my hand until I drop it in their bag or bucket so they don't have time to see it and complain about what they got. If they do complain I use the old saying: "we get what we get, we don't get upset." Then they have to stop and think about what I said, and that point, they forgot about the candy. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay