Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 12:12 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,915,197 times

Advertisements

We moved to Palm Harbor (East Lake side) in 2012. We loved it from the start and still do. This forum has been a wealth of information and I greatly appreciate it and all of you. Unfortunately, my health took a nosedive several months after moving here. I was pleased to discover just how wonderful the medical facilities are here. I also discovered just how caring and wonderful the folks are on this very forum. A special thx to Chas for reaching out and offering help if I ever needed it. Y'all are the best and have really helped me along.

So as we start our new adventure in The Villages, I want to say a few words in summary about this area....at least from my perspective.

Beautiful area.

Food. OMG the food!

Great weather. I will miss the more mild winter, when we have the colder days in The Villages.

People are people. Met some wonderful folks in the area, some give or take folks and one particularly unhappy person.

Great airport, but wife will now have to use Orlando....which may actually provide more options for direct flights to some smaller airports.

Surprised on how few good storms we get....at least compared to what I was hoping for.

So convenient to have everything around.

Great beach options.

Down right crazy drivers. I, if I could, would NEVER ride a bike or drive a motorcycle again on the roads here.

We have had EXCELLENT luck with various vendors we have used. Unusually good luck.

No politically extreme people....other than my F-I-L. Most people seem open minded.

So many things to do here. I wish my legs did not get taken out from under me, so I could have enjoyed more things.......but many other people have it worse off than me for sure.

Someone needs to fix the timing of the lights on 611 during rush hour.

Pinellas County Sheriff's office is great. They even stopped by my house to see if they could do anything for me and gave me his card to call anytime.

Local government workers are so nice. Strange.

By all standards, things were even better here than we ever imagined.

NPG - now TVG

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 11-15-2016 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 01:29 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,841,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
We moved to Palm Harbor (East Lake side) in 2012. We loved it from the start and still do. This forum has been a wealth of information and I greatly appreciate it and all of you. Unfortunately, my health took a nosedive several months after moving here. I was pleased to discover just how wonderful the medical facilities are here. I also discovered just how caring and wonderful the folks are on this very forum. A special thx to Chas for reaching out and offering help if I ever needed it. Y'all are the best and have really helped me along.

So as we start our new adventure in The Villages, I want to say a few words in summary about this area....at least from my perspective.

Beautiful area.

Food. OMG the food!

Great weather. I will miss the more mild winter, when we have the colder days in The Villages.

People are people. Met some wonderful folks in the area, some give or take folks and one particularly unhappy person.

Great airport, but wife will now have to use Orlando....which may actually provide more options for direct flights to some smaller airports.

Surprised on how few good storms we get....at least compared to what I was hoping for.

So convenient to have everything around.

Great beach options.

Down right crazy drivers. I, if I could, would NEVER ride a bike or drive a motorcycle again on the roads here.

We have had EXCELLENT luck with various vendors we have used. Unusually good luck.

No politically extreme people....other than my F-I-L. Most people seem open minded.

So many things to do here. I wish my legs did not get taken out from under me, so I could have enjoyed more things.......but many other people have it worse off than me for sure.

Someone needs to fix the timing of the lights on 611 during rush hour.

Pinellas County Sheriff's office is great. They even stopped by my house to see if they could do anything for me and gave me his card to call anytime.

Local government workers are so nice. Strange.

By all standards, things were even better here than we ever imagined.
I don't know you but I am so happy for you though! I looked up "The Villages" and I see it is not too far from where my MIL lives LOL (Beverly Hills)
My spouse and I want to move to Florida in the next year or 2 so we I have been on this forum since about March trying to gather any and all information I can on Florida (The Gulf side for sure)

Good luck on your new adventure!

Old 11-15-2016, 02:46 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,207,250 times
Best of luck!

A pity to see one of the best cheer leaders going away. You probably single handedly convince dozens' of people to move here and we are getting over crowded since you moved here.

Now the Villages is going to over flow ....

Cheers!

Old 11-15-2016, 03:02 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times
Didn't realize it was NPG posting. I wondered what the hell is a Villages poster posting in TB and not Ocala and/or Orlando.

I'm wondering if you're truly in tune with politics of that area as all I saw during the election season was how radical the area as Conservative Trump supporters. Maybe you'll discover this the more you interact with the folks there.

Good luck with your health there. I understand that the health care facilities are pretty good in that area.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:39 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,898,604 times

Old 11-15-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Didn't realize it was NPG posting. I wondered what the hell is a Villages poster posting in TB and not Ocala and/or Orlando.

I'm wondering if you're truly in tune with politics of that area as all I saw during the election season was how radical the area as Conservative Trump supporters. Maybe you'll discover this the more you interact with the folks there.

Good luck with your health there. I understand that the health care facilities are pretty good in that area.
The Ocala and Orlando forums are not exactly hopping. More action here.

I know that TV has a 2 (R) to 1 (D) ratio......but I don't care either way, as I am neither. Just want/need the lifestyle. However, as cold as it is here right now...I am not looking forward to it being even colder there.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Best of luck!

A pity to see one of the best cheer leaders going away. You probably single handedly convince dozens' of people to move here and we are getting over crowded since you moved here.

Now the Villages is going to over flow ....

Cheers!
I can still cheerlead long distance.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:49 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
But it is much colder up there.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
But it is much colder up there.
Unfortunately.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:06 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
Unfortunately.
It is really a big diff. It can be 40 at my house and 28 up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay