Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,098 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

As my title says I will be moving to the Tampa area around the middle of August. I am finishing my degree in marketing right now and will complete it July 26th (pesky summer classes). I am looking for a decent place to stay, I will be renting an apartment while I am getting adjusted to things (I really don't want to pay more than $900 for rent and utilities) . I am also looking for a marketing, communications, or other business related job. I would love to have a job before I move which would makes things so much easier. My job search has taken me to St.Pete, Clearwater, Tampa, Lakeland and Brandon. I would be okay with any of those areas. I would prefer to stay closer to work, maybe 10-15 minutes, but its not a necessity. Any suggestions on where to look for jobs? I have done the usual and looked at Indeed, Monster, etc.. and have applied for a few, I wanted to see if anyone knew of any jobs that haven't been posted? A few things about myself: I am Google certified with Google Adwords and Google Analytics, I have a passion for speaking, and I have a background in sales. If any one has suggestions or tips when moving, or knows anyone looking to hire a marketing guru (think Mike Myers in the Love Guru), please let me know.

Thanks,

Hayden Tuggle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 09:55 PM

80 posts, read 81,571 times
LOL 900 with utilities. You named a bunch of different places completely separated by some significant distance. And a job in marketing yeah cause when I think Tampa Bay I think marketing if by marketing you meal publix ,walmart, target, wynndixie. You have gotta research this area a lot more Hayden.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,242 times
Rvais

I have researched quite a bit. I have looked at apartments on apartments.com and found multiple ones that are under 900. I've seen marketing jobs located in the area on indeed, monster etc.. And I also understand that they are separated by some distance. The title of my article says Moving to the Tampa area (which includes all of the places I listed). That's why I posted on here, to get advice on what to expect when moving down there.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:33 PM

80 posts, read 81,571 times
900 with utilities any in west tampa, south of vandyke, North of waters and of course west of dale mabry only like 1 or 2 places that fit the bill. $900 all in that areas in my budget and I'm looking in a couple months.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:35 AM

58 posts, read 48,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydentuggle View Post
Hey Everyone,

As my title says I will be moving to the Tampa area around the middle of August. I am finishing my degree in marketing right now and will complete it July 26th (pesky summer classes). I am looking for a decent place to stay, I will be renting an apartment while I am getting adjusted to things (I really don't want to pay more than $900 for rent and utilities) . I am also looking for a marketing, communications, or other business related job. I would love to have a job before I move which would makes things so much easier. My job search has taken me to St.Pete, Clearwater, Tampa, Lakeland and Brandon. I would be okay with any of those areas. I would prefer to stay closer to work, maybe 10-15 minutes, but its not a necessity. Any suggestions on where to look for jobs? I have done the usual and looked at Indeed, Monster, etc.. and have applied for a few, I wanted to see if anyone knew of any jobs that haven't been posted? A few things about myself: I am Google certified with Google Adwords and Google Analytics, I have a passion for speaking, and I have a background in sales. If any one has suggestions or tips when moving, or knows anyone looking to hire a marketing guru (think Mike Myers in the Love Guru), please let me know.

Thanks,

Hayden Tuggle
Hayden, I understand completely where you're coming from as I am moving in November to FL from the Midwest. I'm looking in St. Pete, Clearwater, Largo area etc. as well. You can find some apartments (at least that I have found online) but they won't be in the safest of neighborhoods. However, it's not impossible to find either. I have the same issue, except on top of that I have 2 dogs to take with me which only adds an extra challenge....lol

However, I have been looking on Trulia, Zillow, Hotpads and God help me even Craigslist. Then I go to the crime rate site to see what kind of crimes are around in the area and worse case when you settle down on ideas of your top 3 choices, call the local police station and get their personal take on it. I've even used this board to find some people put names of apt. complexes on here and have found decent priced apartments as well. Good luck in your findings and remember, ANYTHING is possible! It's just a matter of finding what you are looking for and how patient you are at finding it.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:14 AM

108 posts, read 145,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvais View Post
900 with utilities any in west tampa, south of vandyke, North of waters and of course west of dale mabry only like 1 or 2 places that fit the bill. $900 all in that areas in my budget and I'm looking in a couple months.
My daughter lives in a very nice apt - clean, safe, quiet. The Verandahs at Brighton Bay. It is in St. Pete, off Gandy, on the St. Pete side of the bridge. I believe she pays $830/mo. She works in CLearwater. The apt is centrally located to Tampa, St. Pete, and Clearwater. There is also "The Coves" in the same area and probably others. Good luck.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:47 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Hope the OP likes the nasty weather. Gonna be a slap in the face when we are stuck in a reverse west windflow and dew points above 75 with temps around 96 in the east Tampa area.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:57 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,020,115 times
pay in Florida sucks don't move here

Old 04-09-2017, 05:08 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
The weather sucks even worse. No rain most of the year and getting hotter by the year.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:33 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,080,207 times
Don't be put off by folks who with negative attitudes, the weather is dreadful in summer, but we have the beaches for the weekends - pay is not that great, but we don't pay state income tax, and MOST folks here are welcoming and friendly. As previous posters have stated, it is doable, but you should use caution when renting and particularly if you are going to private landlords on Craigs. good luck to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay