Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 11:41 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,596,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Agree, background check and 3 day mandatory wait on all passenger cars and trucks.
7 day wait, background check and fingerprints to purchase any commercial vehicle.

Who knows what peoples intentions are when they go buy a vehicle?
^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 11:42 AM

1,139 posts, read 3,472,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
So lets cut to the chase here and blame the "CARS" and ask our politicians to put more regulations on us buying new cars since its obvious we are the problem.
I think you are mistaken . This is not about buying new cars. where did you get that idea from? the kids were in stolen vehicles, am sure you can infer that reading the article.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Silliest dang theory I've seen in a decade, maybe more.
Perhaps I can use a "Sarcasm Alert" next time.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
This cop was found "justified in his actions." Things that make you go "hmm."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyl7R4KnGv8

I can't see what was going on in the car with that clip. But the jury, I am sure, saw evidence that they felt Justified his actions. Perhaps BLM could wait till the investigations are finished and any trial is completed before they protest. It would save them quite a bit of embarrassment for all the times they jump the gun.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:36 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,519,677 times
Quote:
With all the gang shootings and kids getting killed. We have gone 360 from getting tough on crime and putting the criminals in jail. To blaming the "GUNS" and asking the law abiding public and responsible gun owners to suffer more regulations after more regulations. So lets cut to the chase here and blame the "CARS" and ask our politicians to put more regulations on us buying new cars since its obvious we are the problem.
I'm confused. Are you recommending we license all gun owners like we do for cars and require registration and testing like we do all cars, and we have strict laws for guns like we do cars?

Are you anti-gun control or pro-gun control because it sounds like the latter.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post

"If cars and knives are just as fatal as a gun, then why do you need a gun, given you already have a car and knives?"
My car I use for work
My knives i use to cut my steak
My Gun is for my Wife and My protection.
But they all can Kill if needed just like quite of bit of stuff around my house.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:39 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,250,535 times
Quote:
Perhaps I can use a "Sarcasm Alert" next time.
Yep.... One can never be sure how serious people are on here, I've seen some pretty outrageous things that the poster was dead serious about.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm confused. Are you recommending we license all gun owners like we do for cars and require registration and testing like we do all cars, and we have strict laws for guns like we do cars?

Are you anti-gun control or pro-gun control because it sounds like the latter.
I am saying its quite obvious in today's PC World that being tough on criminals is not PC. Its better to blame inanimate objects for society's problem instead of the criminal element.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:44 PM

490 posts, read 586,048 times
Quote:
With all the gang shootings and kids getting killed. We have gone 360 from getting tough on crime and putting the criminals in jail. To blaming the "GUNS" and asking the law abiding public and responsible gun owners to suffer more regulations after more regulations. So lets cut to the chase here and blame the "CARS" and ask our politicians to put more regulations on us buying new cars since its obvious we are the problem.
This is a ridiculous paranoid post based on propaganda. In the past nine years only one law was passed regarding guns on a federal level. This law was around carrying fire arms in National parks. As is typical deflecting from the topic this post is about, which has nothing to do with guns. Poor, poor gun owners they have it so rough everyone is out to take their guns.

I have no fear about my guns being taken away or some increase in laws. I own 3 handguns and 5 rifles.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:44 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,185,995 times
What's the point? That parents are somehow negligent? Are they the only ones?

Detroit Police Hit Five Children During Car Chase, Leaving Two Dead

"Detroit police continued a high speed chase even after two children were struck and killed. As they continued the chase, three more children were struck because of the officers’ reckless actions."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ries/30187827/

"Many in law enforcement, including the Justice Department, have recognized the danger of high-speed chases and urge officers to avoid or abort pursuits that endanger pedestrians, nearby motorists or themselves. At least 139 police have been killed in chases, federal records show.

"A pursuit is probably the most unique and dangerous job law enforcement can do," said Tulsa Police Maj. Travis Yates, who runs a national pursuit-training academy.

The Justice Department called pursuits "the most dangerous of all ordinary police activities" in 1990 and urged police departments to adopt policies listing exactly when officers can and cannot pursue someone. "Far more police vehicle chases occur each year than police shootings," the department said."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay