Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 03:38 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,244,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
What a genius topic to post a day before a natural disaster of historic proportions hits the TB area.

Wonder what Einstein plans for future topics. Wonder if he posts in the California forum asking how the Californians love their CAL FIRE - California Statewide Fire Map

Was CDF around back in 9/11? Perhaps OP asked the question after the World Trade Center came down...."So NYers, how do you like living in Manhattan now?"

The whole topic at hand smells like a very weak/failed troll attempt.
Seems some people get their kicks different ways. While obviously the intent of the thread was to use the current situation with Irma as opportunity to "rub our nose in it", this has instead shown how many here find this a great place to live, despite the dump that Irma have in mind for the area. I'll leave it there for now. I'm more focused on ensuring that I and my neighbors are all ready for whatever game Irma wants to play with us, maybe by this time tomorrow the worst will have passed and we can get back to helping each other through recovery. Stay safe everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 09:27 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,425,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
What a genius topic to post a day before a natural disaster of historic proportions hits the TB area.

Wonder what Einstein plans for future topics. Wonder if he posts in the California forum asking how the Californians love their CAL FIRE - California Statewide Fire Map

Was CDF around back in 9/11? Perhaps OP asked the question after the World Trade Center came down...."So NYers, how do you like living in Manhattan now?"

The whole topic at hand smells like a very weak/failed troll attempt.
No trolling. It's a legit question that you don't want to hear asked. If you want everything to be a thousand percent positive, perhaps you should start your own blog or something.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:37 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,425,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Seems some people get their kicks different ways. While obviously the intent of the thread was to use the current situation with Irma as opportunity to "rub our nose in it", this has instead shown how many here find this a great place to live, despite the dump that Irma have in mind for the area. I'll leave it there for now. I'm more focused on ensuring that I and my neighbors are all ready for whatever game Irma wants to play with us, maybe by this time tomorrow the worst will have passed and we can get back to helping each other through recovery. Stay safe everyone.
The intent of the thread was to see if hurricanes have some reconsidering living in FL. Nothing more, nothing less. Perhaps some lack reading comprehension where I said a hurricane is no joke. Believe it or not, many do factor in hurricanes when they are trying to decide whether or not to relocate to FL. If I were trying to rub it in here, my OP would have been way different. Besides, feel free to look at my post history...I don't troll.

Anyways, stay safe.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:02 AM

30,443 posts, read 21,280,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
The intent of the thread was to see if hurricanes have some reconsidering living in FL. Nothing more, nothing less. Perhaps some lack reading comprehension where I said a hurricane is no joke. Believe it or not, many do factor in hurricanes when they are trying to decide whether or not to relocate to FL. If I were trying to rub it in here, my OP would have been way different. Besides, feel free to look at my post history...I don't troll.

Anyways, stay safe.
You are dealing with two trolls.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:26 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,392,491 times
We lived in AZ and there were dust storms.

We lived in the nawtheast and there were snowstorms.

Best is in the eye of the beholder.

We moved to Clearwater FL 3 times and we are fixing to stay this time.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:46 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,018,114 times
Still wouldn't dream of being anywhere else.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:37 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,384,782 times
I can dream of being other places, but this is where i want to be.

Even considering the current situation.

Had a friend who lives in Tornado Alley (OK) make a snarky remark to me about, "If you know it's coming why didn't you leave? You've had a week to get out."

I reminded them that at least we had time to make that decision as opposed to hearing the warning sirens going off and running to the basement/storm cellar and waiting for our possible demise.

RM

Old 09-11-2017, 09:48 AM

828 posts, read 693,335 times
Quote:
I think some come to Florida with the idea that it's some kind of 365 days per year paradise, but it's not. So how do these hurricanes factor into how much you like the area? When it gets down to 20 degrees a few days a year in FL, most flip out. A hurricane is no joke, but FL residents are incredibly soft when it comes to the weather in lesser events.
Even in times like these, I still enjoy living near Tampa Bay. No risk, no reward, and the rewards of living here are many.

Now, 20 degree cold, that is a disaster compared to a little hurricane...fortunately the low last winter at my house was 32 on only one or two nights

Old 09-11-2017, 01:40 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,244,213 times
Let's put things into perspective....

The last hurricane to hit Tampa was 1921.... yep, almost 100 years ago. More peopled have died and more property has been damaged in other areas from tornado's, blizzards, fires, mud flow, cold, tsunami's, cyclones, volcano's, earthquakes and other natural disasters in that time period. Let's also not forget that more people were killed and $1.4TRILLION dollars (2017 dollars) in damage from DROUGHT in the past 100 years.

List of natural disasters in the United States

Probably not many major metropolitan places that have been safer than Tampa over the nearly 100 prior years.

{soapbox}
What Irma has affirmed for me... When a disaster strikes, people who good step up and go above and beyond, people who are trouble find pleasure in exciting fear and chaos.
{/soapbox}

Old 09-11-2017, 01:45 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
In times like these, do you enjoy living in Tampa?
What's not to like?

Even hurricanes like Irma know to respect us and leave us alone and go bother other cities....it's freakin' sunny outside less than 12 hrs after a storm passes by.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay