Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:06 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,240,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Because OP is naive about the world as well hypocritical about sexual predators. Go visit the political subforum. More specifically the Access Hollywood ones to understand completely.
Hmm... OK, but without that underlying context (which I'm not going to waste my time to look for) it just comes across as out of place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 05:24 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
It is very sad that people in jobs that are considered to be jobs where the public trust them, are abusing that trust and are behaving like this.

A pediatric doctor in Wesley Chapel, cancer surgeon who claimed he did this to get back at his girlfriend, a lawyer, teacher, etc.

It is very rare to see anyone in my profession to act like this but there have been dishonest professionals in my profession like any other profession and if they get caught that's great as we don't want them amongst us.

Just like any decent doctor, lawyer, teacher, etc. must be sick to hear that their profession is mentioned when things like this come out.

Nobody should support people praying on kids!

The political discussion about prostitution is a different subject and I'm not a politician but do have an opinion on that subject like most of you probably have.

One poster made it look like it just had to do with prostitution but it was a sting operation that includes sex with minors!

It is very sick to even joke about this behavior as this affects kids.

Anyone who jokes about these 277 people that got arrested in a way like it is a joke and ok, probably feels that Weinstein and others who sexually harass women is ok too!

Something is wrong in society if someone tries to divert the subject of an operation that got 277 people off the street that showed behavior that is not tolerated under the law and that most parents will be glad that cops work hard for to protect our loved ones, to make it look like what they did is ok just for some personal political mind set that is not in line with someone else!

Great job Polk County sheriffs office

Old 10-20-2017, 07:08 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
All I have to say is Kudos to Polk County and Grady Judd for catching more of these scumbags.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:25 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,011,435 times
Keep in mind Grady's history of sex stings...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ings/13770553/

Old 10-20-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
No one joked about minors being solicited.

The joke was your homeland has had legal prostitution for nearly 30 yrs. So there's a lot of irony there.

Also ironic that you voted for an admitted predator (google Access Hollywood tape) to office but come here with grandstanding soapbox messages.very incongruent. The kids with guns thread is very similar. You supported NRA candidate, didn't you?
Can we leave politics out of this subject or is every subject for you about politics!

To me it is very sad that predators are after our kids! It is heart breaking for parents and family members to deal with a child victimized by some scumbag!

Btw I don't see the irony but what I know is that when people live in a Country the laws of the country they live in apply and not the laws of whatever country!

Old 10-20-2017, 04:19 PM

There is a difference between proven and an accusation!

The people who got arrested are not convicted but they are arrested which is more then just someone saying something happened.

I'm glad these 277 people are for now off the street or at least we know who they are.

Many people don't know that there are sex offenders that have only the restriction to be on the sex offender list but not much more as a restriction. This is due to their crime being committed prior to that law took affect.

Some may say that these offenders may have "cured" or not offended again, but keep in mind that not everyone get caught and according to a police officer who is working in the department where sex offenders are dealt with, he said that most offenders have offended at least 7 times before getting caught.

The same counts for shop lifters. Once caught they always that it is the first time ....

Old 10-20-2017, 04:36 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Keep in mind Grady's history of sex stings...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ings/13770553/
I would pick another county to look for action.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Can we leave politics out of this subject or is every subject for you about politics!

To me it is very sad that predators are after our kids! It is heart breaking for parents and family members to deal with a child victimized by some scumbag!

Btw I don't see the irony but what I know is that when people live in a Country the laws of the country they live in apply and not the laws of whatever country!
It always about Trump bashing with him.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I would pick another county to look for action.
I don't understand that this sheriff seems to be the one who ever couple of month is catching so many predators while I don't hear other sheriffs catching the amounts as Polk County is catching.

Btw sheriff Judd is kind of funny when he offers the "free ride and free picture" and no amount is too small but the price later on is high!

Criminals must be really stupid to go there.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't understand that this sheriff seems to be the one who ever couple of month is catching so many predators while I don't hear other sheriffs catching the amounts as Polk County is catching.

Btw sheriff Judd is kind of funny when he offers the "free ride and free picture" and no amount is too small but the price later on is high!

Criminals must be really stupid to go there.
He likes being on the news i guess and i guess they have nothing better to do than set up stings.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 10-20-2017 at 06:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay