Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,522 times

Advertisements

Visiting Parents in Highpoint spring hill. All day long I here rumbling and the house is moving almost like having a 300 pound dog running with 4 legs on the roof. Wondering if anyone else is hearing this noise? Sound is definitely coming from east to west i believe. No biggy if once or twice but all day like a garbage truck dumping dumpsters. anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,522 times
Macdill AFB, Sinkholes? Ground Shifting? Concrete factory?

Old 11-27-2017, 02:25 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,181,006 times
LOL, I've been hearing similar noises today in the Ocala area, but they're occasional and the house isn't shaking. Could be some blasting or earth-moving trucks nearby. Development still goes on. We were considering moving to High Point, but decided to go further north.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:28 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,241,024 times
AIRFORCE AROUND 95 MILES OFFSHORE TO OUR NORTHWEST.

That area is know as the bombing range and north of the middle grounds. Some of the best red snapper and grouper fishing in that area. Back in the early 80's when i fished out there the sonic booms would hurt my ears. On colder days the sound will carry more. They do test runs out there.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
AIRFORCE AROUND 95 MILES OFFSHORE TO OUR NORTHWEST.

That area is know as the bombing range and north of the middle grounds. Some of the best red snapper and grouper fishing in that area. Back in the early 80's when i fished out there the sonic booms would hurt my ears. On colder days the sound will carry more. They do test runs out there.
There have been reports of "boom" noises in different parts of the country, like Alabama and New Jersey.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:06 AM

30,430 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
There have been reports of "boom" noises in different parts of the country, like Alabama and New Jersey.
There are testing areas all over the country rover. The 1's we hear are from out in the gulf.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:52 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Redstone Arsenal (Huntsville) was making a lot of noise yesterday between 10-11am.

Old 12-02-2017, 04:41 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springhillfl View Post
Visiting Parents in Highpoint spring hill. All day long I here rumbling and the house is moving almost like having a 300 pound dog running with 4 legs on the roof. Wondering if anyone else is hearing this noise? Sound is definitely coming from east to west i believe. No biggy if once or twice but all day like a garbage truck dumping dumpsters. anyone else?
call your sheriff's office - maybe they can shed some light on the cause

Old 12-07-2017, 02:35 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,462,772 times
Yes. I'm in Citrus County. Heard them a lot last month and called the sheriff's office. I explained that it was way off in the distance (as if they couldn't hear or feel it too). I was told they'd "send someone out". Ha! Then I called again, after it started up quite a bit on 11/26/17, then the next day and on and off over the following week. That time, I was told by a deputy at the Lecanto sheriff's office, "It's most-likely the military, doing exercises in the Gulf" and "They never tell us when they are going to do it". Since then, most of the songbirds have gone. My neighbor noticed it too. No more chickadees, cardinals, bluejays or titmice. It is very unusual to see so many birds disappear all at once, when there used to be so many...even for this time of year.

Also, as for the roof sounds. I definitely can relate to that as well. I was living about 4 miles from here (same county) in 2012, when there was the sound as if someone was up on the roof and took a fall while up there. I ran outside and heard loud and strange booming sounds in the distance to the southwest. Standing in the front yard, I could hear the house shaking after each boom. It was quite odd and I'm convinced that sort of energy wave was strong enough that if someone had been in the actual spot on that roof, it would have knocked them off. I drove all around the neighborhood to convince my mom it was NOT road construction.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecam222 View Post
Yes. I'm in Citrus County. Heard them a lot last month and called the sheriff's office. I explained that it was way off in the distance (as if they couldn't hear or feel it too). I was told they'd "send someone out". Ha! Then I called again, after it started up quite a bit on 11/26/17, then the next day and on and off over the following week. That time, I was told by a deputy at the Lecanto sheriff's office, "It's most-likely the military, doing exercises in the Gulf" and "They never tell us when they are going to do it". Since then, most of the songbirds have gone. My neighbor noticed it too. No more chickadees, cardinals, bluejays or titmice. It is very unusual to see so many birds disappear all at once, when there used to be so many...even for this time of year.

Also, as for the roof sounds. I definitely can relate to that as well. I was living about 4 miles from here (same county) in 2012, when there was the sound as if someone was up on the roof and took a fall while up there. I ran outside and heard loud and strange booming sounds in the distance to the southwest. Standing in the front yard, I could hear the house shaking after each boom. It was quite odd and I'm convinced that sort of energy wave was strong enough that if someone had been in the actual spot on that roof, it would have knocked them off. I drove all around the neighborhood to convince my mom it was NOT road construction.
LOL, check out some of the internet "theories" on what it is. My favorite was the guy who said some huge (like the size of a few football fields) ancient alien spacecraft is just passing through Earth's ionosphere and will be gone soon. If that were the case, I should think LK would have been able to see it with one of his telescopes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionosphere

However, unusual solar activity seems to be as good an explanation as any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay