Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 PM

3 posts, read 27,814 times

Advertisements

Relocating to Tampa florid at Citibank - located at 3800 Citibank Center in Tampa FL.

I just wanted to get little help to find out the Indian community apartment with nearby good elementary school and also near to max 20-30 min drive from my office

Thanks in advance for taking time to read my thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 01:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Might be something in one or more of these website that maybe of use in getting you connected with your community =https://www.google.ca/search?ei=yTD9....0.6GP6BeN1U1c

Old 05-17-2018, 06:26 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...-tampa-fl.html

Old 06-30-2018, 03:14 PM

5 posts, read 27,777 times
Hi
Relocating to Tampa. Can anyone please suggest me any good Indian community in zip code 33647.
Thanks so much.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 19,538 times
Hi,
We are planning to move from Hartford,ct to Tampa, Florida. My husband office is located at 33634. We are South Indian Looking for the Indian community, the elementary school and Tamil school my son. We don't have an idea about moving our stuff and Car from our place to Tampa.Any suggestions, please.Thanks in Advance.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:31 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,077,659 times
I have to say there really are not any huge Indian, south Asian communities here in any large part. around USF in Tampa there are more folks due to the proximity of hospitals, college and places of work that families have gravitated to. There are more Indian restaurants over that way.
Tampa (North Tampa rather than central/south) is prob best best, also West Chase area of Tampa. Pinellas has Indian families dotted all over, but I do not think there is anywhere (sadly, as we have a lack of good dining options from that region) specific.
good luck to you both with your moves. Not aware of any Tamil schools, I'd say not a chance there, not enough population. WestChase has good schools for all ages.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:38 PM

5,976 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Due to Citigroup hiring large numbers of H1-B visa holders from India and Pakistan to work at their headquarters in Tampa, there are clusters of such folks living in the immediate area. I wouldn't call them "communities" per se, just large concentrations of people with cultural and geographic similarities.

The various apartments that are west of Gornto Lake Road and south of Lumsden Avenue, more or less south of the Costco located there, have large concentrations of Indian and Pakistani people.

There is a also a large community of Indian people in the New Tampa area as well.

RM

Old 03-06-2019, 08:50 AM

68 posts, read 104,301 times
Why move to the US, work here, live here, pay taxes here, and want to replicate the same cultural and racial surroundings from whence you came??? This nation is The United States of America, not the Balkans or the Kashmir Region !

Old 03-06-2019, 09:43 AM

5,976 posts, read 7,365,693 times
The spouse works with a number of Indian and Pakistani expats that are working here on H1B visas, so their time is limited.

Several of them have made major purchases on credit that’s extended well beyond their exit date. When she questioned one of them about this, they responded something along the lines of, “Who cares, they can’t come after me for it once I’ve left the country.”

Yikes. I assume they’re not planning on coming back. The ones she talked to about this made it sound like this is not an uncommon behavior. That’s really sad.

I guess that’s the risk the creditors take.

RM

Old 03-06-2019, 10:46 AM

68 posts, read 104,301 times
That's one reason why this nation should reduce these types of visas in the first place. I am personally aware of a few of these similar actions of these foreigners absconding, and even leaving mortgages unpaid thus foreclosed upon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: