Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 06:00 PM

26 posts, read 29,111 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good real estate agent in the Tampa area?

For a single family home.

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 07-05-2018, 07:52 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer1 View Post
Does anyone know of a good real estate agent in the Tampa area?

For a single family home.

Thanks in advance!!!
If they do, they can't post in the public part of the forum, since real estate advertising is against the TOS.

However, I'm sure you will get a TON of private messages from agents who think they are good. They'll be happy to tell you, too.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:52 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
None here.

Prepare for the assault, however.

RM

Old 07-05-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
None here.

Prepare for the assault, however.

RM
D'ya think we might've pre-empted the deluge?

Old 07-05-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
D'ya think we might've pre-empted the deluge?
Nah, they're like sharks that have smelled blood in the water.

RM

Old 07-07-2018, 11:39 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,080,207 times
Its called following leads

Old 07-07-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
Its called following leads
lol, lavender, and as I understand it, that's the original purpose of City Data. To provide leads for local RE agents. Morton and I were just having a little fun.

I got slapped good for posting a Zillow listing in the North Carolina forum, to help out someone who was looking for something very specific. I don't even live there, and I am not an agent, it was just something I came across while browsing. The mod wouldn't even accept my apology, lol. Yep, I should have gone through the DM system.

To this day I get the occasional inquiry via DM from people looking to retire to the area where I live, just because I happened to mention the fantastic website of a particular agent here. I don't know him, have never met him, never done business with him, but I've never seen a website for an individual agent that was up to his quality and comprehensiveness. It's so good, so informative, it should be THE orientation site for anyone looking to move to the area. But I can't post the links or even his name in the public part of the forum, and when people DM me asking for the info, I'm always careful to give a disclaimer that I have no personal knowledge of the guy, I just think his website is amazing. I have no idea if he gets any business from the referrals, but people sure love that website.

PS, neither the realtor nor the website I just mentioned is involved with the Tampa Bay area. He's in a different part of Florida.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:27 PM

149 posts, read 145,267 times
Me once i get my real estate license. Lol

Old 07-07-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishbu123 View Post
Me once i get my real estate license. Lol
Nothing wrong with a good real estate agent. It's been my pleasure to know a couple who were worth their weight in gold. I've also met some real stinkers.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
If they do, they can't post in the public part of the forum, since real estate advertising is against the TOS.

However, I'm sure you will get a TON of private messages from agents who think they are good. They'll be happy to tell you, too.
No doubt - case in point:

Neighbor put their house on the market as an FSBO. They have unrealistic expectations of what it's worth, mainly because they subscribe to the false pretense that whatever you put into the house goes on top of the basis value, right? Add to that they bought it at the literal peak of the market in 2007, so market-wise they're upside down right out of the gate.

We tried to talk some sense into them, showed them comps in the area from MLS, both active listings and closed sales within the last 90 days, no joy. They insisted that their house was worth about 15% above market average in the area.

Fast forward five days..

Some real estate agent called on them and told them they were underpricing their home - after they had heard these sellers tell their story. They got totally sucked into the sales pitch, and have now signed a listing contract with said agent for.....wait for it..... 30% OVER the local market average. Just for grins I called the agent and feigned interest in the house. They sent me a two page list of all the "improvements" and the cost of each that the owners had put into the house over the last 10 years. This includes things like a new roof (the house is 20 years old), new paint both inside and out, a new AC unit two years ago, and the best one....the pool was "re-marcited" in 2010, which added $2k to the value of the house. Let's see, my house needs a roof, I pay $15k for a new roof, so I should add the cost of the new roof onto the value of my house... right.

It's just nucking futz.

From what we've seen and heard, they've had two showings since it was listed several weeks ago, and neither showed any interest - one gave feedback that it was "grossly overpriced". They're totally unfazed by this and the agent seems totally nonplussed.

Granted, a part of the blame lays at the feet of the owners, but for an agent to pile on like this just seems downright cruel. The competition in the immediate area is larger, nicer homes with more amenities, priced at almost $25/SF less. Two properties in the same neighborhood that are similar in size, condition and amenities listed in the last three weeks and both went under contract within five days. Both were priced competitively.

And these people are trying to make a quick exit out of the area, too. Yeah, I don't see that happening...

This is one of the reasons why I don't like realtors. I believe there is an aspect of their business that is predatory.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay