Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 01:30 PM

93 posts, read 92,611 times

Advertisements

This is a video I did last month of me exploring Pasco County, Florida. One of my favorite places in Florida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsn6OwzVbiM

I have so many memories here I've been wanting to do a video there for a while & a friend I met on a hitchhiking Group on facebook decided to take me up there to a few of the sites I wanted to go to

What do you all think of Pasco County Florida? and what do you think of my video I did about Pasco County? or the places I remember most about it? :P
Do you have any funny memories of Pasco County?

Please share your thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 02:01 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,078,305 times
I loved this - it's so amusing - "1980s slasher video vibe" hee hee

Old 01-24-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
I loved this - it's so amusing - "1980s slasher video vibe" hee hee
lol thank you ♥ that's exactly how I feel whenever I go up there hahahaha

Old 01-24-2019, 04:27 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Roadtrips_22M View Post
lol thank you ♥ that's exactly how I feel whenever I go up there hahahaha
West Pasco is pretty bad so give. it a try sly

Old 01-24-2019, 06:12 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,369,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I was wondering how they would address that part of Pasco. Unfortunately for them, I wasn't going to waste 48 minutes of my life watching the video to see if they dared to even mention it.

RM

Old 01-25-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Do you mean western Pasco or Eastern Pasco?

i was in Western Pasco for this whole video. that's the only part of Pasco county i remember. i never been to eastern Pasco County. how different is it from western Pasco though? i'm assuming it's safer from hurricanes because it's further inland.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Do you mean western Pasco or Eastern Pasco?

i was in Western Pasco for this whole video. that's the only part of Pasco county i remember. i never been to eastern Pasco County. how different is it from western Pasco though? i'm assuming it's safer from hurricanes because it's further inland.
Nowhere in Florida is "safer from hurricanes". They'll go through the state no matter where you are. The only benefit, if there was one, of being inland is the potential for the storm to lose strength as it moves over land. It's relative, as if it's a CAT 5 and moves over land, it might drop to a CAT 3-4. Big deal.

RM

Old 01-25-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Nowhere in Florida is "safer from hurricanes". They'll go through the state no matter where you are. The only benefit, if there was one, of being inland is the potential for the storm to lose strength as it moves over land. It's relative, as if it's a CAT 5 and moves over land, it might drop to a CAT 3-4. Big deal.

RM

Actually with Hurricanes it's not the wind speed you need to be worried about.
It's the storm surge that you have to be afraid of because that's what causes the most damage.

Most houses in Florida are built to with-stand hurricane winds. But the storm surge is what destroys everything. If you live out of the storm surge zones, you're pretty safe from hurricanes if your house is properly constructed.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I was wondering how they would address that part of Pasco. Unfortunately for them, I wasn't going to waste 48 minutes of my life watching the video to see if they dared to even mention it.

RM
They?....
Only I was featured in the video...

Most people don't like being on camera so i'm very respectful of that, Besides, it was Starring Me anyway :P

Old 01-25-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Actually with Hurricanes it's not the wind speed you need to be worried about.
It's the storm surge that you have to be afraid of because that's what causes the most damage.

Most houses in Florida are built to with-stand hurricane winds. But the storm surge is what destroys everything. If you live out of the storm surge zones, you're pretty safe from hurricanes if your house is properly constructed.
Not if it's a CAT 4 or 5. At that point all bets are off as far as structures. I have a fairly new home, and everything, including roof and windows, are only rated to 125 mph. And to make a sweeping claim that "most houses in Florida are built to with-stand hurricane winds" is pretty silly and, dare I say, a bit ignorant. For example:

https://qz.com/1073551/hurricane-irm...rricane-codes/

And that's just south Florida. Even the building codes don't reinforce this:

https://www.tampabay.com/article/201...310139865/1401

So based on facts, you're not "pretty safe" unless your home *is* built to current codes, and if those are south Florida codes.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay