Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 07:27 PM

1,253 posts, read 504,988 times

Advertisements

I can't believe how 8 key players have gone down to injury. Oh what could have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 04:25 AM

30,520 posts, read 21,402,176 times
It's always bad news when we hear about the bucs buck.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It's always bad news when we hear about the bucs buck.
Who would have thought 8 of our 9 most important players would go down to injury? That's just over the top bad news.

Old 10-19-2020, 12:34 PM

They looked really good yesterday. Very hit and miss, but they were hitting on all cylinders yesterday.

Stanley Cup Champs

In World Series

Hoping for NFL payoffs

It's a good, though strange year for sports.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:07 PM

WOW! Now we have AB. Things are looking really good now.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:52 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,372,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
WOW! Now we have AB. Things are looking really good now.
You might have more fun chatting the bucs up here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/pro-football/

Old 11-26-2020, 10:14 AM

12,607 posts, read 9,726,462 times
New England fan here and still following Brady with the Bucs now.

- I know that Brady has had some problems this year, but still, I can't believe the way that Bruce Arians goes on TV/internet after every loss to say that was Brady's fault. Brady doesn't do everything, so it can't all be his fault when they lose.

- I also just don't see what the benefit is of the coach playing the blame game in the media, except perhaps to deflect any criticism away from himself.

- What is Arians' role in all this? Nothing is his responsibility, he's just the head coach?

- When you look at Tom Brady in New England over all those winning seasons, his downfield throws were occasional, not frequent. Most of his throws were short passes to his slot receiver or his running back. Yet BA doesn't put their best receiving back in there (McCoy), and he is having Brady throw downfield all the time (no one has thrown more deep balls this season than Brady) and criticizing him when that's less accurate. A deep ball is harder for any QB to throw, but maybe it's not Tom's best play- why not let him do what he's best at??? Clearly he knows how to win.

Bruce Arians reminds me of former Eagles coach Chip Kelly. When they lost in his first year, he blamed both his players and his predecessors and said "I didn't pick these players!". When he lost in his second year, he said "The game plan is great, it's these lousy players who can't execute it!" In his 3rd year, he was made head of football operations as well as head coach, so he was doing all the personnel decision making. They played even worse that year. He never tried to tailor his game plan to his personnel, and he never once took any responsibility for a loss.

Old 11-26-2020, 10:22 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,723,554 times
It was good and Fun while it lasted, but Bucs will be Bucs and not much more.

Old 11-26-2020, 01:07 PM

30,520 posts, read 21,402,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
It was good and Fun while it lasted, but Bucs will be Bucs and not much more.
They always F up like the Rays jay.

Old 11-26-2020, 01:21 PM

5,258 posts, read 6,192,269 times
Patriots fan here that relocated in Florida.

While I was never a Buc’s fan I have been following them this year to see how Tom’s doing.

My take is it must be hard to come from such a regimented organization where the coach is really in tune with the game of football. Tom’s starting all over again and I think there is a struggle going on between him and the coach, someone has to give and I don’t think either of them will.

It’s the coaches team but I think Brady thinks he knows better. Recipe for disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay