Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 14,022 times

Advertisements

Top 10 Best
1. Dunedin-Historic Downtown,
2. Tarpon Springs-Sponge Docks, Historic Downtown, Strong Government.
3. Seminole- Tons of potential, close to beach, Well Planned, strong community orgs,
4. Saftey Harbor - Beautiful, historic downtown, quiet, great city government
5. Saint Pete Beach-Well planned beach community with nice access points.
6. Land O Lakes - Very big growing area in Pasco close to I75
7. Brandon- Lots of jobs easy access, Nice Gated Communities, good potential
8.Palm Harbor- Very nice place to live, next unincorporated area to become so.
9. Saint Petersburg -Nice Neighborhoods except on extreme South Side, historic downtown, possibly new stadium for Rays. Traffic not near as bad as Tampa. Great Mayor and Government
10. Plant City- Growing City with potential, lots of land available, New Business have opened in last few years.
Top 10 Worst
1Tampa-Traffic Patterns are horrible, poor neighborhoods, Crime, Pressing government issues. Outsourcing of jobs with the larger companys overseas.
2Clearwater-Scientologists ruin the local business, bad neighborhoods,beach area congested with no parking. Large Corporations who were looking there are not moving there. Taxes High. Business Closures. No more land available for Growth.
3 Hudson- Run Down in some sections, Job Market Poor, not much culture or nitelife. Sinkhole Problem, Most of City in Flood Zone.
4. Holiday- Same as Hudson lol
5. Port Richey same as hudson and holiday.
6. Temple Terrace- Very Congested, Overpriced crime areas etc etc.
7. Zepherhills- No jobs no Culture, not much to do here whatsoever here.
8.Pinellas Park-Conjested Crowded, , Crime Areas, and overlooked.
9. New Port Richey- You need to drive for most jobs, grew to fast for own good, lack of culture. Most of City in Flood Zone. Sinkhole problem
10- Oldsmar-Overpriced, overlooked and city's biggest company is outsourcing jobs.
In between- Largo, Gulfport, Riverview, Citrus Park, CArolwood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 09:09 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Shouldn't this be labeled your favorite and least favorite places in Hills., Pin. and Pasco?

Also not all of those places are cities.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:34 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinellasexpert View Post
Top 10 Best
1. Dunedin-Historic Downtown,
2. Tarpon Springs-Sponge Docks, Historic Downtown, Strong Government.
3. Seminole- Tons of potential, close to beach, Well Planned, strong community orgs,
4. Saftey Harbor - Beautiful, historic downtown, quiet, great city government
5. Saint Pete Beach-Well planned beach community with nice access points.
6. Land O Lakes - Very big growing area in Pasco close to I75
7. Brandon- Lots of jobs easy access, Nice Gated Communities, good potential
8.Palm Harbor- Very nice place to live, next unincorporated area to become so.
9. Saint Petersburg -Nice Neighborhoods except on extreme South Side, historic downtown, possibly new stadium for Rays. Traffic not near as bad as Tampa. Great Mayor and Government
10. Plant City- Growing City with potential, lots of land available, New Business have opened in last few years.
Top 10 Worst
1Tampa-Traffic Patterns are horrible, poor neighborhoods, Crime, Pressing government issues. Outsourcing of jobs with the larger companys overseas.
2Clearwater-Scientologists ruin the local business, bad neighborhoods,beach area congested with no parking. Large Corporations who were looking there are not moving there. Taxes High. Business Closures. No more land available for Growth.
3 Hudson- Run Down in some sections, Job Market Poor, not much culture or nitelife. Sinkhole Problem, Most of City in Flood Zone.
4. Holiday- Same as Hudson lol
5. Port Richey same as hudson and holiday.
6. Temple Terrace- Very Congested, Overpriced crime areas etc etc.
7. Zepherhills- No jobs no Culture, not much to do here whatsoever here.
8.Pinellas Park-Conjested Crowded, , Crime Areas, and overlooked.
9. New Port Richey- You need to drive for most jobs, grew to fast for own good, lack of culture. Most of City in Flood Zone. Sinkhole problem
10- Oldsmar-Overpriced, overlooked and city's biggest company is outsourcing jobs.
In between- Largo, Gulfport, Riverview, Citrus Park, CArolwood
I agree with Mike P. - this is all just your opinion, and many of us would have a different list, although I do agree with some of yours. You need to relabel your thread and put the word 'MY" in front of it.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:35 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,206,774 times
If you got that info from a news source you need to put in a link. If it is your own opinion.. then you really should state that it is your opinion and I will be happy to change the title...

Old 05-21-2008, 07:01 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,658 times
I agree w/ everyone else and I personally like Hudson! and you can't just label Tampa Tampa ...its a big city and has many different areas.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:46 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
I agree it should be "IMO", specially since I don't think it is from an article since the spelling error of "Zephyrhills". I'm a foreigner and make spelling errors but I don't think a journalist at a news paper makes spelling errors in city names, although many type errors can occur.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:01 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times

just filler
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay